Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Charmy's BIG HUGE 2014 FUN SHOW REPORT w/tons of Pics!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    "Fun" report as always. Although I'm a sometimes lurker I always check in after a big show to see your pix.

Nice to meet you at FUN, btw. image
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Outstanding!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work. Thanks.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Always enjoy the show reports and the many many pics that you post.

Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Mike
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I always look forward to your coin show reports. This one is as good as ever. Thanks.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    Thanks for the great report Charmy and it was a pleasure to meet you briefly at the fly-in-club meeting.

BJ Neff
    FUN Director
    Public Registration
    Member; ANA, CONECA, CFCC, Fly-in-Club, FUN, NLG.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for reminding me to never attend a major show on a Sunday!
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [q

After the show ended, I went to see how the Platinum Night auction was going. There were some amazing historical, once-in-a-lifetime coins for sale in this auction. The Brasher Doubloon had already sold before I got there for less than expected at just over $10 million, but I saw the 1913 sale, which also sold for less than anticipated at $2.8 million.

>>

Thanks for including that photo of the Platinum Night Auction room. Although I could not be there, it made for a neat personal connection to know that two of the people in that room took home two of the coins that I had submitted for auction. Also thanks for the photos showing the details on the 1913 Hawaii Five-0 coin's bidding. Found it interesting that no one in the room bid it up and it went for the mail/fax 2.8 million bid. Isn't that lower than a prior sale for the same coin though apparently it is a new auction high for the Hawaii Five-0?
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for all the wonderful compliments and kind words! I very much appreciated all the forum members who took the time to stop by my table and allowed me to include them in my report. This really was a great show and I enjoyed bringing it to all of you who couldn't be there in person.
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file