Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NEW monthly card show Deale, Maryland

We are pleased to announce the start of a new sports card and memorabilia show at the Deale Elks Lodge in Deale, Maryland. Deale is located in southern Anne Arundel county about 10 miles south of Annapolis and 15 miles east of Washington DC. Our first show will be on Saturday February 22, 2014 from 9-3. We will be bringing in a monthly autograph guest and our first guest will be Washington Redskins Super Bowl XVII Champion Mike Nelms. Mike will be appearing from 12-1 and will be $10 any item.

We are looking for dealers who are interested in setting up at our shows, PM me for details.

Please come out and support some good dealers and help make this a success!

Show Address:

6022 Drum Point Road
Deale, Md 20751

Comments

• Options
    No Basketball signers ? image
  • Options
    No basketball signers at this time, but I am looking at a few for the future. Do you have anyone in mind?
  • Options
    Awesome. I'm down in Calvert County, MD. So this only about a 25 minute drive for me! Do you have an email list by chance?
  • Options
    Yes I am starting an email list, PM me and I can add you.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    About how many tables will there be?
  • Options

<< <i>About how many tables will there be? >>

There will be 30+ tables at the first show and I see it quickly becoming a 50+ table show. We have had a lot of interest in this show from both dealers and collectors. Hope to see you there.

Bob
  • Options
    Thanks, just sent a PM with my email.
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    not sure how to pm, but anyway my email is nathan.wagner67@gmail.com put me on your list id enjoy hearing whos signing each month. The colts are a good bet if you could get Gino up there that would be pretty good!
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    I sent you a PM but you haven't responded. So here is my email: jmdvm7@comcast.net
    I set up at Collectors Showcase in Chantilly. Can't make the Feb22, but would be interested in future shows
  • Options
    I am in North Anne Arundel County. Hope I remember this. Good luck.
  • Options

<< <i>I sent you a PM but you haven't responded. So here is my email: jmdvm7@comcast.net
    I set up at Collectors Showcase in Chantilly. Can't make the Feb22, but would be interested in future shows >>

JMDVM- Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry you cant make the Feb 22 show.Look forward to seeing you at the March 22 Show.

To anyone interested in getting more info we will post updates about this show and future shows at my Facebook page Bases Are Empty Sports Cards and Memorabilia. Just LIKE the page and you will get all of the updates.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Options
    Is this show still taking place next Saturday, Feb. 22?
  • Options
    Yes this show is still taking place. Spoke to Mike Nelms this week and he is excited to come out and see the fans. The Elks Lodge inadvertently double booked their facility with us and another group so our February show will only be about 25 tables but there will be some quality dealers in attendance. We have the entire facility for all of our future dates and will have 40+ dealer tables for the March 22 show which will feature former Redskins Great Darryl Grant. Darryl appeared in the cover of Sports Illustrated on 1-31-83. We will be giving out door prizes including a $25 show shopping spree at 11:00. Hope to see everyone there.

Bob
  • Options
    Cool, thanks image.
  • Options
    Just a reminder that the show is tomorrow. Doors will open at 9:00 AM. Hope to see everyone there.

• Options
    Not bad for a first show. Was able to pick up a 1941 Goudey, a 41 Playball and a card for my 53 topps set. Could have done more if I had my other lists, t205s, t206s, 33 and 34 goudeys and even some 1915 cjs. Have a hard time finding the 41 Goudeys at larger shows. Good luck. Tim
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone who attended yesterday. Despite the super weather(which may have worked against us with the horrible winter we have had) and limited space at the Elks due to them double booking us with another group we had a nice turnout for the show. Mike Nelms had a steady line during his time at the show and had fun greeting the fans and taking photos with them. Most of the dealers reported brisk sales through out the day and said their sales were on par with other shows they do. Our next show will be on Saturday March 22 and will have approx 45 dealer tables. We will have the whole facility for all of our future shows. Our autograph guest for the next show will be Former Redskin and 2x Super Bowl Champion Darryl Grant. Darryl appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated on 1-31-83 and will be signing from 12-1PM. Autographs will be $10 for any item. We will have photos, helmets and footballs available for purchase. If you cannot attend and would like to send something in for the signing or would like to be a vendor at our upcoming shows contact me at basesareempty@comcast.net

Thanks again,
    Bob
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you to everyone who attended yesterday. Despite the super weather(which may have worked against us with the horrible winter we have had) and limited space at the Elks due to them double booking us with another group we had a nice turnout for the show. Mike Nelms had a steady line during his time at the show and had fun greeting the fans and taking photos with them. Most of the dealers reported brisk sales through out the day and said their sales were on par with other shows they do. Our next show will be on Saturday March 22 and will have approx 45 dealer tables. We will have the whole facility for all of our future shows. Our autograph guest for the next show will be Former Redskin and 2x Super Bowl Champion Darryl Grant. Darryl appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated on 1-31-83 and will be signing from 12-1PM. Autographs will be $10 for any item. We will have photos, helmets and footballs available for purchase. If you cannot attend and would like to send something in for the signing or would like to be a vendor at our upcoming shows contact me at basesareempty@comcast.net

Thanks again,
    Bob >>

Bob:

Great to hear that the show was a success! I'm hoping that these smaller shows make a comeback in the hobby.

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Nice little $30 pickup from a gentleman in the back room. Also grabbed a couple of Bowman Draft Pick boxes on the cheap and hit a Frazier base auto. Brought the whole family. All of the dealers were incredibly nice and easy to talk to.

[URL=http://s272.photobucket.com/user/letsgocapitals/media/img115_zps07bdf86a.jpg.html]image[/URL]