Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Topps 3-D wwf wrestling box rare?

Steve at BBCE has a box for sale over 3k. Is it truly that rare? If it is, it would blow out all those other sets like 1982-83 All star sets. Does anyone know about them?

Comments

• vols1vols1 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    I guess it's some type of test product. Who's in the set? Does PSA even grade Topps plastic 3D?
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWF 3D

I have heard these are rare.

Checklist

I am curious where he came up with the price for this item.
    2. 1985 WWF 3-D Design had flaws but what a lineup and just as scarce. There will never be another Topps wrestling product this scarce.

Someone posted this on another message board as their top five wrestling sets.

I will keep searching for an image.
    Andre

I remember reading about these in 2011. Here is the image I saw.

The person who posted it said he paid $100 for the Andre and it is said to be the hardest to find and offered to pay $20 to $50 for the others.

• That link doesn't work.

Anyone post picture in this thread of these cards?
    Here you go. I uploaded the pic to Photobucket.

• Very cool. Never seen or heard of them. I remember baseball versions of them.

Wonder how long BBCE has had box for sale. Has it been sitting awhile. Would think it might get snapped up for how rare they could be.

<< <i>Very cool. Never seen or heard of them. I remember baseball versions of them.

Wonder how long BBCE has had box for sale. Has it been sitting awhile. Would think it might get snapped up for how rare they could be. >>

I suppose there might be an unopened collector out there but this price seems extremely high to me. Each pack is said to have one 3 D card and that is $163.63 apiece.

• Probably a very difficult thing to set a price on. Without even known who is all in it.
    Or if some more of it pops up down the road.
    Maybe they will auction it at some point or pack it out.

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem that interesting since they are the size of index cards. They seem to fall somewhere between a card and a post card
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Very cool. Never seen or heard of them. I remember baseball versions of them.

Wonder how long BBCE has had box for sale. Has it been sitting awhile. Would think it might get snapped up for how rare they could be. >>

I suppose there might be an unopened collector out there but this price seems extremely high to me. Each pack is said to have one 3 D card and that is $163.63 apiece. >>

I don't know wrestling cards from curling cards but I suspect that if the cards themselves are so impossibly rare that the unopened product is even more impossible. This is undoubtedly a case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

The Topps Test products can be pretty pricey. I would imagine if a 1989 Topps Heads-Up box surfaced it would fetch a pretty penny,

<< <i>

<< <i>

I suppose there might be an unopened collector out there but this price seems extremely high to me. Each pack is said to have one 3 D card and that is $163.63 apiece. >>

I don't know wrestling cards from curling cards but I suspect that if the cards themselves are so impossibly rare that the unopened product is even more impossible. This is undoubtedly a case of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

The Topps Test products can be pretty pricey. I would imagine if a 1989 Topps Heads-Up box surfaced it would fetch a pretty penny, >>

I think you are right. If this is sold at this price or anywhere close I would believe it is someone who collects rare Topps products in sealed form.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Doesn't seem that interesting since they are the size of index cards. They seem to fall somewhere between a card and a post card >>

I do not see these taking off but it is a cool, unique item for sure.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    I just sat down at the computer and looked at my EBAY home page and about fell off the couch. I saw the Andre listed and then instantly went to check if they had a Hogan. There was a bid on it but naturally I just hit the Buy It Now on both.

Andre The Giant

Hulk Hogan

These are the first two singles of either I have ever seen offered for sale. A few months back some of the other cards from the set were listed and went for a little over $50 a piece.

Does anyone know if PSA grades the baseball versions?

• Nice score on the Andre & Hogan!
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Uh-oh, I see somebody contacting the seller on this one, how dare you
    snag a deal
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
    Hogan

Another Hogan collector from the boards was able to cross this off their want list.

• Those are very cool.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
    I got my cards today. These are very cool and look so much better in hand then in a scan.

They have stickies on the back and these were meant to stick to a wall or folder.

Very excited about this purchase. I picked up a few more from the seller and glad I did.

• << <i>I got my cards today. These are very cool and look so much better in hand then in a scan.

They have stickies on the back and these were meant to stick to a wall or folder.

Very excited about this purchase. I picked up a few more from the seller and glad I did. >>

Did you bid on the other 3d cards the seller had?

<< <i>

<< <i>I got my cards today. These are very cool and look so much better in hand then in a scan.

Very excited about this purchase. I picked up a few more from the seller and glad I did. >>

Did you bid on the other 3d cards the seller had? >>

No other bids. I bought two on EBay and three more through invoice.
    The pics do not do these justice. They are very cool in hand.

They are thinner then they look which is good. For a die hard wrestling fan from the 80's these are awesome.

The back with the stickies.

Andre doesn't look as good on a black background.

• tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Those look cool Dave

Congrats on the pickup
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess it's some type of test product. Who's in the set? Does PSA even grade Topps plastic 3D? >>

I know PSA doesn't grade Baseball Topps 3D, so I would assume not.

<< <i>Those look cool Dave

Congrats on the pickup >>

Thanks Tom.

These are really cool. I have been actively searching daily for wrestling cards for over fives years and this is the first time in that period that I am aware of that a Hogan or Andre surfaced.

Myself and a few other board members are hoping these can be slabbed. They need to be put in a PSA holder.

<< <i>

<< <i>I guess it's some type of test product. Who's in the set? Does PSA even grade Topps plastic 3D? >>

I know PSA doesn't grade Baseball Topps 3D, so I would assume not. >>

Hopefully with some work PSA will grade these. That said they may treat them the same.

We will find out soon.

Good luck as those look really sharp! Thanks for sharing.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Those are pretty sweet. Neat pickups.
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Please don't take any offense to my comment, but those are the creepiest looking cards I've ever seen.

<< <i>Please don't take any offense to my comment, but those are the creepiest looking cards I've ever seen. >>

I think it's pretty amazing how they were able to get some semi-realistic 3D effects on the cards. I love them!
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    gotta love the 3D Miss Elizabeth card!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Possible group rip on the box? I'll pay the $160ish for a pack. Steve may give a 10% off on this item which would bring it to under $150.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I know PSA doesn't grade Baseball Topps 3D, so I would assume not. >>

Hopefully with some work PSA will grade these. That said they may treat them the same.

We will find out soon. >>

I don't think they have a large holder of the correct thickness to accommodate these without smashing the 3D.
    How thick does the 3d pop out?
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How thick does the 3d pop out? >>

If they're similar to the baseball one's, without measuring, about 3/8".
    These tore the house down.

Andre went for $224.50 and Hogan for $316.69

So glad I bought the rest of what she had.

I may have to pull my 3D cards out of the drawer.....I am not even completely sure of who I have. I know I have Andre, the Iron Sheik, JYD and I think one other...... Great to see these on the market.
    Any updates on if there is a possibility of these being graded by any grading company?

<< <i>Any updates on if there is a possibility of these being graded by any grading company? >>

Ergoism sent his in and at this time PSA doesn't have a holder for them. I was afraid that would be the answer due to the baseball not being in the population report.

On a side note it was nice to see some of the other cards you had get some fast strong offers.

Explosive finish on this set. First time I have ever seen one offered.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124182045708?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

Wow, solid price for sure.