Home Sports Talk
Options

Only 7 football games remaining...

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

....I am beginning to go into withdrawal now. image

Comments

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭
    I was just talking to my buddy on Tuesday that the Championship game was fun and all, but that just means no more college football for 8 months.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Good...now the national sports outlets can only cover the NFL 20 out of 24 hours a day. The sports world is in dire straits when NFL head coaching gigs garner more attention than pretty much all other sports combined. Looking forward to the day when Goodell's empire comes crashing down.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    The NFL, at least in my household, has been getting less and less TV time, and the NBA has rapidly been replacing it. Infinitely more watchable, today's NBA is a great watch. There's more talent now in the league than I can ever remember (yes, even eclipsing the Bird/Magic era), especially in the West where there are easily a dozen good team with 6 of those being elite.

I still have a casual interest in the NFL, but the days of it being must-watch, appointment viewing are (to me at least) long gone.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Is there an ETF whereby I can short the NFL?

In all seriousness, I wonder if I would have liked today's NFL as a kid. I can't tell if it's just a product of me getting older or if it's truly a diminished product (outside of the obvious-over the top publicity, too much scoring, too many penalties, etc.).