Home Precious Metals

German repatriated gold recast ?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Germany reports that it got 37 tons of its gold back from the fed. Rumor has it the bars were recast Gata

There has been talk of when or where 90% gold bars may start appearing . Obviously if melted coin bars turned up it would raise a lot of red flags that Fort Knox gold had reached the physical market.

Question , If the Fed was melting 90% bars and rerefining them into .999 bars to return to Germany what would stop them from stamping whatever numbers they needed to match up with on the new bars?

Fekete wrote in some detail about 90% melted coin bars but I can't find the article does anyone have a link?

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and the thicken plots.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There has been talk of when or where 90% gold bars may start appearing . Obviously if melted coin bars turned up it would raise a lot of red flags that Fort Knox gold had reached the physical market. >>

I'm under the assumption that gold is quite easy to refine from .900 to .999+. If Germany was demanding all their gold for tomorrow, maybe that would be an issue and they'd be receiving payment in .900 bars made from coinage, or stacks and stacks of coins (why melt them if they are in that much of a hurry?). But given the 7 year window, there will be plenty of time for them to buy/find/melt/refine gold to make .999 good delivery bars.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    And maybe they should check their "new" bars for Tungsten?.... image
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also keep in mind that many bars are being refabricated to meet asian specifics in order to sell to asia. And yes, 90% bars can be melted and refined to .999 standards.

Wonder what they're dong with all the leftover tungsten? image

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the same gold that they stole from millions of Poles, Czechs, Russians, Belgians, French, Jews?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Fed sold German bars long ago there is no telling where they reside now or if they were melted . I think if they recast gold and stamped the old german bar numbers on it , a chance exists someone could produce the original. 2 bars with the same number would probably cause a lot of requests for auditing storage facilities.