Home Sports Talk
Options

National Chapmionship- FSU WINS!

orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wow that was a great game. Close to the end, and exciting throughout. All you can ask for.
What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

Comments

• Options
    Was one heck of a night here in Tally, folks... A heck of a night. Go Noles.
  • Options
    If there was ever a time where a running back downs the ball at the 1 while down by 4, that was it. I know not very many people in their right mind would do that but I felt the game followed the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl. You just knew there was too much time left.

About the Kickoff return for a TD........the Auburn right side obviously faltered but how everything happened just at the right time.....with a player pulling up on a blown hamstring, to 33 wandering into the middle with another sealing the outside edge then jumping inside for some reason.......

The Heisman Trophy Winner....I didn't believe Winston would drive them like Vince Young did Texas back in 2006 ...with Vince Young and Texas, they were a team of destiny.....I didn't get that feeling with FSU but they proved me wrong....thanks to poor safety and linebacker play by Auburn.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Great way to end the College season!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Great game but nothing resembling the '06 Rose Bowl, which was a *huge* upset. The line was UT +8, Vince didn't win the Heisman, it was essentially a home game for USC, and they were crowned one of the greatest teams ever (think only behind '01 MIA) prior to kick off.

A mobile QB that won the game with a few seconds left? Yes but that's about it.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Good game. Congrats to FSU.

Has the SEC adopted FSU yet so they can keep their streak alive?
  • Options
    Sure am glad its death to the BCS.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Only in the entitled SEC would fans of a team who just last year won three games but this year finds itself in a title game feel cheated and dejected for not winning the national championship. I am not alone in being glad the SEC biased BCS is gone, and hopefully from now on we'll have some real competition for a national title. The real hope is the expansion to 8 then 16 teams in a REAL tournament happens sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<The real hope is the expansion to 8 then 16 teams in a REAL tournament happens sooner rather than later.>>>

There is no doubt this is coming. I have to believe that the NCAA can generate much more money with a 15-game (16-team) playoff system than a 30+ game bowl season filled with meaningless games in locations that aren't appealing destinations (Yay, we're going to Boise for the Humanitarian Bowl!!, alright, we're going to Detoit for the Motor City Bowl!!). Most bowl games are played in half-filled stadiums, have awful corporation-sponsored names, and generate miserable ratings. The tradition of the bowl system has been flushed down the toilet. It's time to scrap it altogether.
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭
    North Dakota State is the only Division I school that will have their flag hanging at NCAA as 2013 Champions.