Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Feebay's stupid change to the Ebay Bucks program...

Well I got a notice in my Feebay in box alerting me to "Changes in the Ebay Bucks program"...naturally I presumed the changes were not for the better. And in fact they ARE for the worse! Apparently if you get less than $5.00 worth of Ebay bucks in a quarter, they are forfeited! Now I could understand carrying the balance over into the next quarter and issuing the Ebay bucks when you have at least $5 worth but this "change" is so ****ing stupid.

And they end the notice with this gem:

As always, please know that we appreciate your eBay Bucks membership, and look forward to rewarding your participation with significant benefits.

Apparently they DON'T appreciate my membership. I guess Feebay can't stand little small fry customers like myself. image
WISHLIST
Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars

Comments

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    I am no big fan or supporter of FeeBay, and lord knows that Ebay has NEVER been very good at treating customers (or sellers) well.
    However, I can understand what would motivate them to make such a change.

I've been involved in the development of customer loyalty programs for several decades and it is not uncommon to set a minimum
    threshold for qualifying for (or in some cases retaining) the "reward". For example, many airlines take back your miles if you don't fly
    at least 18 months after the last time you earned miles.

For smaller customers, the cost of a loyalty program on an organization can be substantial. They have to carry the "reward points" on
    their books as a liability. If you have lots of customers with sub-$5 balances of reward points this can easily add up to having a significant
    affect on your quarterly bottom line results when you are a public company (remember that the Ebay Bucks represent roughly 10% of the
    fees that Ebay collects on each sale).

You have to take Ebay and its policies with a grain of salt. They are what they are.

Dave
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    It's a rewards program and now incentive for people to buy more on Ebay. At the base earning percentage of 2% all it requires you to purchase is $250 worth of stuff in a 3 month period to get your $5. Honestly I don't know why they didn't have some sort of minimum before. If somebody only buys $50 worth of stuff in 3 months do they really need to be rewarded $1. Maybe there will be more double/triple/quadruple ebay buck opportunities which will be more incentive for smaller buyers to spend more and large buyers to receive more.
  • Options
    sportscardstopsportscardstop Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a rewards program and now incentive for people to buy more on Ebay. At the base earning percentage of 2% all it requires you to purchase is $250 worth of stuff in a 3 month period to get your $5. Honestly I don't know why they didn't have some sort of minimum before. If somebody only buys $50 worth of stuff in 3 months do they really need to be rewarded $1. Maybe there will be more double/triple/quadruple ebay buck opportunities which will be more incentive for smaller buyers to spend more and large buyers to receive more. >>

Couldn't agree more with this post. And I'm someone that doesn't earn at least $5 in ebay bucks. It was a free program that gave you free money for a few years for making purchases you were going to make anyway. A lot of people who spend under $250 want to complain about losing the program. But I bet none of those people ever said thanks to someone at Ebay for having the program.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    How do you get e-bay bucks?
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I got a notice in my Feebay in box alerting me to "Changes in the Ebay Bucks program"...naturally I presumed the changes were not for the better. And in fact they ARE for the worse! Apparently if you get less than $5.00 worth of Ebay bucks in a quarter, they are forfeited! Now I could understand carrying the balance over into the next quarter and issuing the Ebay bucks when you have at least $5 worth but this "change" is so ****ing stupid.

And they end the notice with this gem:

As always, please know that we appreciate your eBay Bucks membership, and look forward to rewarding your participation with significant benefits.

Apparently they DON'T appreciate my membership. I guess Feebay can't stand little small fry customers like myself. image >>

How come you call it "Feebay", but don't call it "Feebay Bucks"?
  • Options
    they can keep their 5 dollars lol
  • Options
    The people who are losing now aren't spending much so maybe one person should buy for ten of their friends, get reimbursed, and then just keep their ebay bucks so that someone benefits.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How do you get e-bay bucks? >>

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RewardsExtEnroll&CTASignup=false&ExtLanding=true >>

Thank you!
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>It's a rewards program and now incentive for people to buy more on Ebay. At the base earning percentage of 2% all it requires you to purchase is $250 worth of stuff in a 3 month period to get your $5. Honestly I don't know why they didn't have some sort of minimum before. If somebody only buys $50 worth of stuff in 3 months do they really need to be rewarded $1. Maybe there will be more double/triple/quadruple ebay buck opportunities which will be more incentive for smaller buyers to spend more and large buyers to receive more. >>

+1 Totally agree

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Anybody else get a $15 ebay coupon? They sent me a message saying that I just had to opt-in to receive ebay e-mails to get the coupon, so I did, and 10 days later I got the coupon. I'm guessing this was their way of saying sorry for taking ebay bucks away from hobby lightweights like myself.
  • Options
    Just be glad that you don't live in Canada. They totally got rid of our program even if you spend 2K a month.