Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It's New Years eve. Who is on the forum and more importantly, why?

I mean, come on, it is New Years Eve. After midnight on the east coast? Who is here and why on earth are you here instead of living it up? Me? I guess I just like coins!

Comments

• Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Midnight here yet...plus my son had his tonsils removed yesterday so we are taking care of him...plus I rarely drink and I'm happily married so no need to go out...plus I'm old...plus I like coins.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friends just left, daughter got home safely, time to check the forum!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Because I have a 1 and 3 year old. No time to really live it up.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Had the In-Laws over to stay this evening. For sure the tamest New Years I can EVER remember!!! image
  • Options
    Me! I didn't want to miss anything! image
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    At 57 I've been there, done that, on New Years Eve. This year was laid back.
    Dan
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from a small party down the road a mile or two.
    Left about 12:30.
    Gonna throw some hard black rocks on the fire and call it a year.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    I'm taking breaks in between cooking Beir Rocks, or Beer Rocks or Berocks, whatever you prefer. Cooking for da masses image
  • Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here. Why? I dunno.image
  • Options
    habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <I have no life>

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who is here and why on earth are you here instead of living it up? >>

I'm here because I finished cleaning up the kitchen. image
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I'm here because my fiance has to work in the morning and so it's me and the dogs and the forum. Plus, I've had my share of New Years Eves that have left my New Years day being nothing but a horrible hangover and those days are over. Thank God. I also have NO desire to get out in the drunk crowds and deal with the drunks on the roads going home. All the money I saved let me make one more coin purchase before the year is over too. image
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options
    Wife just went to bed, I don't drink, not tired and I like coins it could well be an addiction lol
    Plus darnet I like the people on here even the grumpy ones hahahahahimage
  • Options
    nutmegnutmeg Posts: 345 ✭✭
    I like coins. Went nowhere because the rear brake locked up on my Neon. Up late reading U.S. Grant's memoirs.
    Just started reading what he has to say about his taking Vicksburg. Besides, I have to keep the woodstove going.
    OK back to Grant now. He has had a lot of bad rap but the man is actually quite intelligent.
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, I just wanted to see if someone got a 2014 coin in change yet.........ya thats it.......it could happen

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>more importantly, why? >>

cuz it is just another day. for me, day 12,948 to be precise, at least by our calculations.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Because I'm board, and a little drunk. image
  • Options

<< <i>Because I'm board, and a little drunk. image >>

There we go, the first to admit it!
  • Options
    CoinCastCoinCast Posts: 508 ✭✭✭
    Apparently I am not doing this college student thing right...

Numismatist @WitterCoin

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...because I can drink the most image

Happy New Year,
    Erik
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    was gifted the flu for Christmas and food poisoning for the weekend. just passing through hoping to see daylight of the new year.image
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    SethChandlerSethChandler Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I've got a 3 week old baby girl, and I cover the 9pm to 2am shift. Gotta check out the forums.
    Collecting since 1976.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask myself the second question every day. . image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file