Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1880 Morgan I got today. Turns out to be VAM-32A

I went to a new coin shop today and was looking through their common date morgans and found this guy. I don't have my coin photo stuff setup so the pictures aren't the best.

First two pictures are of the obverse and reverse. What do you think it's grade is?

The third picture is the best I could do to show clashing on the obverse. The n from "In" resulting from die clash (very difficult to photograph, at some angles you can see it perfectly clear; others, you can't see it at all). There is also the t from "trust". The t is also visible but very difficult to photograph. There is also clashing on liberty's chin, the line coming out from under her chin, and on the back side of her cap. You can see very similar clashing on this VAM http://www.vamworld.com/1887-P+VAM-3A

The fourth picture is a small attempt to show some of the clashing on the reverse. There is seriously almost the entire outline of the obverse design.

Does anyone have any ideas of what VAM designation this may be or any other info that could help? I've tried looking through vamworld and the VAM book, but nothing that matches what I have. I am indeed a noob.

I'm going to continue attempting to get better photos, but this is the best I have right now.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file