Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any good web sites for buying and/or collecting tickets ?

I have searched for a decent web-site for ticket sellers online. Just about the only one I have found is Chicago.Tix which have some great tickets on their site, but are almost impossible to reach, and they list very few prices on their site, which in itself is hard to navigate.

Anyone know of anyone else ? Or at least what is going on at Chicago.Tix?

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, finding sources for tickets is feast or famine isnt it?

As far as ChicagoTix, I was successful in reaching him after calling the phone number provided on his website.
    Prior to that he did not reply to emails.

Overall nice guy with lots of knowledge.

One big problem though, his website is outdated by several years, according to him most of the tickets listed on the website have been sold.
    I'm thinking this website is more for "show" and advertisement, he's on eBay with mediocre inventory.

I think andy imperato has quite a few tickets on his website.

Other than that eBay is the only other real choice, "adelson" is a big ticket seller too.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Keep an eye on Hunts Auctions. Nice vintage tickets sometimes.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I used to have good success with Lenny Steren sirmook@aol.com. I think he is buckner on ebay or Mookies tickets.
  • Options

<< <i>I feel your pain, finding sources for tickets is feast or fathom isnt it?. >>

That's awesome.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    Depends on what tickets you collect.
    Im a NASCAR ticket collector and have a few thousand tickets for sale or trade.
    Ive never taken the time to create an online store tho.
    Theres a few people out there with tons of tix, just have to be around the hobby long enough and you'll know who they are. They're like me, they have a lot of extras for sale/trade but no online store or any other way of finding them.
    Collector of Nascar ticket stubs from 1949-present. 1,464 different tickets and growing! Visit www.nascarticketstubs.com to see which ones I need.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I feel your pain, finding sources for tickets is feast or fathom isnt it?. >>

That's awesome. >>

LOL, love laughing at myself, thanks for catching that.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys. It is frustrating at the lack of available places to find tickets out there but I think that's one of the reason's I enjoy collecting them. It reminds me of my early days of card collecting as a kid, when there were very few resources available to find cards. Of course there was no internet or E-bay, and you would be lucky to find a national dealer in the back of a coin magazine to get a want list from. I doubt ticket collecting will ever rival card collecting, but it has gained a lot of exposure over the last few years and has plenty of room to grow. PSA has done a lot to help by now offering ticket grading and the ticket registry, however, the ticket registry needs to grow, as I feel it will as more collectors become interested.

• Options
    Try checking out Ticketsfromthepast.com. It is a site I have put together for Higher end Tickets. It is heavy in Baseball and all tickets are graded by PSA. Not a huge site but it is active!
    Thanks for looking!
    Mark