Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

January specials...

They have to be better than Decembers!

Hope the info gets released tomorrow!
www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

Comments

• << <i>They have to be better than Decembers!

Hope the info gets released tomorrow! >>

If they are worse than December's, I'm submitting to PRO
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    i just hope they get to my 10/14 order soon, but yes, good specials would be nice!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • As my membership expires, and I'm not renewing, I have to think the last two months
    were a big waste. The collectors club specials were not good.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    good specials come and go, if they happened all the time they wouldn't be special.
  • onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    "As my membership expires, and I'm not renewing..."

I think there will be a record number of members that will not be renewing in 2014.
    Several issues need to be addressed if PSA wants to avoid this from happening... but I don't see that happening soon.

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many new customers joined though. If not many did and lots drop, things may be addressed. If not, then they'll see it as a wash and prices will keep the same, or increase, again.
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing good in the specials this month either. Wish they would do an unopened pack special again.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No love for post-1955 cards again?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • This will be the 2nd consecutive month in which they got zero dollars from me.
  • carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Maybe a Group Sub is in order?
  • JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Pretty bummed about this myself. Went through my 1971s Topps and found about 30 card I wanted to send in January. Also had quite a few from the 1980s box breaks that I wanted to get out as well.

I do have about 20ish 1952 Bowmans that I would be willing to send in. If anyone is doing a pre-1955 sub.

Justin
  • I understand that cheaper prices would be nice, but I think the current rates are still a great value.
  • lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    This will be the 2nd consecutive month in which they got zero dollars from me.

UnwoundSage, Can I piggyback on your planned PRO submission?image

• << <i>This will be the 2nd consecutive month in which they got zero dollars from me.

UnwoundSage, Can I piggyback on your planned PRO submission?image >>

Already sent in 200 cards. Cost me $82 with return shipping.
  • hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This will be the 2nd consecutive month in which they got zero dollars from me.

UnwoundSage, Can I piggyback on your planned PRO submission?image >>

Already sent in 200 cards. Cost me $82 with return shipping. >>

Did you get to pick your grades?
    Hook'em
  • In defense of the specials, I think PSA is just trying to catch up. I submitted (2) 50 card orders before the national
    about a month apart and the order #(not submission) were about 9000 apart. I did the same before Christmas and
    it jumped to 12,000 apart. This may be meaningless but this is my second longest wait ever for only 50 cards.
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    I might get in on this one with a whole mess of boxing cards
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>BGS Specials for Jan 2014 >>

Not any better, really, in comparison.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    Do they have the maximum declared value thing? If they don't.....then submitting to them is actually quite easy. With PSA, if you send in cards worth $500 or more.....you have to mortgage your house to pay for the grading fees.

Just to add...........I don't submit to Beckett because I collect vintage and they are clueless in this area.

• << <i>Do they have the maximum declared value thing? If they don't.....then submitting to them is actually quite easy. With PSA, if you send in cards worth $500 or more.....you have to mortgage your house to pay for the grading fees. >>

No "Max Value" requirements for their specials....but you have to count this for their return shipping insurance...different rates based on your declared value window....blocks of a few $1000 I think.