Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Stacks weekly iAuction 3462 is up

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but until Stacks gets some decent Bust Series AU/MS PCGS coins, their auctions are not worth a look from me. Mind you, I like Stacks, but they don't seem to have anything for me at all.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    OKbustchaserOKbustchaser Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, but until Stacks gets some decent Bust Series AU/MS PCGS coins, their auctions are not worth a look from me. Mind you, I like Stacks, but they don't seem to have anything for me at all. >>

You mean sort of like this one?
    Lot 325065

Or this one?

Or even this one?

Edit: Opps, sorry. That was a CACed NGC.

Just because I'm old doesn't mean I don't love to look at a pretty bust.
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts on this are mixed. It's nice for the seller with quick settlements but will this weekly auction format fly under the radar, not really attracting the collectors who would intensely study the more "major" auction events? As a buyer, I do think that cherrypicking opportunities exist. I would imagine actual lot "viewing" is possible at some location? I dunno. The website change sits poorly with me.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    http://www.stacksbowers.com/browseauctions/lotdetail.aspx?AuctionID=6004&LotID=325017
    Is there a way to contact stacks on this? It's labeled a 1919-S by PCGS and Stacks. But the coin is a 1919-D
  • Options

<< <i>http://www.stacksbowers.com/browseauctions/lotdetail.aspx?AuctionID=6004&LotID=325017
    Is there a way to contact stacks on this? It's labeled a 1919-S by PCGS and Stacks. But the coin is a 1919-D >>

I expect that a call to a consignment director at 800-566-2580 might help.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

imageimage
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A coin they have identified as simply an 1884 Morgan in NGC AU58 is really an 1884-S when you look at the picture of the holder.

And the functionality of the site still sucks with an industrial size hose. Every time you hit the back arrow after looking at a lot, it takes you ALL the way back to the first lots in the auction.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

<< <i> Every time you hit the back arrow after looking at a lot, it takes you ALL the way back to the first lots in the auction. >>

And this is the real problem with the site.

Mis-identified coins exist in all holders and can be found in listings from all auction companies. (Admittedly, there does seem to be a lot of them in this particular auction.)
  • Options
    BrolBrol Posts: 266 ✭✭
    I hate when there is no SEARCH button on the site.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a Rep from Stacks on these boards? Seriously, I'm not wasting my time calling them about their website issues!!
  • Options

<< <i>Is there a Rep from Stacks on these boards? Seriously, I'm not wasting my time calling them about their website issues!! >>

info@stacksbowers.com

the "back eliminates filters" bug is on their priority list (spoke to them on sunday)

post other bugs in the "time to test stacks" thread. I'll group them and email them in if you don't.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are some good features (the "next lot" function is fast) but these need improving.

Search function like Teletrades - PCGS only, old holders only, etc.

Some of the descriptions are so long they disable the "next lot" button.

If you check all the boxes BUT Morgans, for example, the site freezes.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

<< <i>There are some good features (the "next lot" function is fast) but these need improving.

Search function like Teletrades - PCGS only, old holders only, etc.

Some of the descriptions are so long they disable the "next lot" button.

If you check all the boxes BUT Morgans, for example, the site freezes. >>

already sent in each of them. I actually told BK I like Heritage filters over the phone.

for the last one, the limit on check boxes is currently 11 desktop and 12 mobile. after those numbers the site chokes. lot selection is still possible, but moving from page to page is not as well as other features don't work. for best results stick to 10 and under.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>go for it >>

I have to ask! What stake do you have in stacks? You are dominating the threads trying to appease their Obamacare like flop! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file