Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Grades whats is everyone' opinion

Just opened a couple 1986 Topps football rack packs from BBCE and below is what I got. Looking for the expert opinions on the PSA grade they may receive. Also if you notice (I'll call it a booger on the top right corner of the Dickerson) should I trim or leave it, not sure LMK thanks

First time posting pictures not sure what will happen

http://forums.collectors.com/include/uploadbox/viewfile.cfm?files=ACF1C0A.jpg

http://forums.collectors.com/include/uploadbox/viewfile.cfm?files=img007 (2).jpg

http://forums.collectors.com/include/uploadbox/viewfile.cfm?files=img007 (3).jpg
Working on 1961 1972 1973 topps sets

Comments

• LOL .... well that didn't work a little help from the experts on posting pixs please
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upload to Photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG code into the thread.
  • ok tried that not sure it is working ... newbie here lol
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
  • thx oakes
  • just wondering why I cant just paste a big a$$ photo onto this thread I've seen other do it ..... eventually I will learn
    Go to your photobucket and copy the img code.

In the body of the thread copy and paste it without using the tools above.

There is a new feature to get it to move to the left but lets get this solved first.

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • I consider myself pretty computer savvy but I cant figure out this photobucket sh!t to save my life .... I go onto photobucket right click the photo and copy then into the thread and right click paste and I don't see a picture like the other threads ..... time for another beer for better concentration lol
  • Dboneesq ok please share your secrets so I can do it myself next time
  • BTW thank you thank you thank you

<< <i>I consider myself pretty computer savvy but I cant figure out this photobucket sh!t to save my life .... I go onto photobucket right click the photo and copy then into the thread and right click paste and I don't see a picture like the other threads ..... time for another beer for better concentration lol >>

Have your photo up and look to the right. You will see links to share the photo. Copy the img one and then post to the thread. It is that easy.
  • Dpeck thanks but all the links to the right are un-clickable. I bring my phot up and I see the links to the right you are talking about but I can not click to copy or paste do I need to do something in Photobucket to open up those options
  • ok I think I got it FINALLY !!!!!

Now that you have figured out how to post the image if you want it to move to the left simply delete the section that starts with [URL and ends with html] then delete the [/URL] and you are in business.
  • I see three 8s with maybe one 9
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    7 on Dorsett
    8 on monk
    and 7 on dickerson
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

Don't submit these.
  • thks everyone for the opinions, I have always had poor luck with submissions and trying to get better at it just for my understanding ... I'm guessing that the booger on the top right of the Dickerson doesn't help .... but for the others we saying 8s because of the centering top to bottom or other factors? LMK thanks
  • Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    The Dickerson has 8 centering left to right. Both the Dorsett and Dickerson have lightly touched corners indicative of an 8. Whether the Monk is an 8 or 9 doesn't really matter; you can buy the Monk in PSA 9 on eBay right now for 6.99. The last PSA 9 Dickerson sold on eBay for $14.99. The last PSA 9 Dorsett sold for $16.50. Bottom line: You're better off buying these in PSA 9 on eBay than paying $8-$10 in grading/shipping fees per card and taking the chance you get back an 8 worth less than the grading/shipping fee.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>thks everyone for the opinions, I have always had poor luck with submissions and trying to get better at it just for my understanding ... I'm guessing that the booger on the top right of the Dickerson doesn't help .... but for the others we saying 8s because of the centering top to bottom or other factors? LMK thanks >>

In all honesty you couldn't pick a tougher choice then 86 Topps Football. I am a big fan of Rice and must say that 86 Topps Football is the toughest to grade.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>thks everyone for the opinions, I have always had poor luck with submissions and trying to get better at it just for my understanding ... I'm guessing that the booger on the top right of the Dickerson doesn't help .... but for the others we saying 8s because of the centering top to bottom or other factors? LMK thanks >>

In all honesty you couldn't pick a tougher choice then 86 Topps Football. I am a big fan of Rice and must say that 86 Topps Football is the toughest to grade. >>

Agreed. That's picking the deep end of the condition pool so to speak, 86 Topps football
  • thanks for your help everyone have a Happy New Year
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    The only 8 I would sub is the Rice RC if I pulled it.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"