Home Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, well, well.

I guess it was too good to be true that Tebow would remain out of the public eye.

I can just see it now, pro Tebow (as an announcer/broadcaster) and anti Tebow (as an announcer/broadcaster) camps will arise and do battle [including on the Sports Talk Forum] over whether Tebow deserves his new gig.

Please just make it go away before it even startsimage
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    And further proof that (a) he's NEVER going to get another NFL job (thank god!) and (b) ESPN continues to prove they have no idea on how to evaluate on-air talent.

• Options

<< <i>Well, well, well.

I guess it was too good to be true that Tebow would remain out of the public eye.

I can just see it now, pro Tebow (as an announcer/broadcaster) and anti Tebow (as an announcer/broadcaster) camps will arise and do battle [including on the Sports Talk Forum] over whether Tebow deserves his new gig.

Please just make it go away before it even startsimage >>

I couldn't possibly agree more. The only thing more annoying that Tebow and the unending media coverage are the fools who carry his jock.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get very tired of all of the pro Tebow and the anti Tebow crowds who have such strong feelings/opinions about him [i.e. he is the best thing to have happened since fire or the wheel and we should all praise and adore him; or i.e. he is an example of everything that is wrong with society and life would be better if he had never been born].

I wish his supporters and detractors would just go way for they both keep forcing him onto the public and they both keep forcing their bizzare fascination with him down our throats.

Just go away.
  • Options
    The SEC has been the best football conference the past decade and then some.
    Tim Tebow won a Heismann trophy and national championships in the SEC.
    The SEC network just got one of the most respected football talents to ever come out of the SEC.
    Tebow will have no association with the NFL anymore, just his beloved SEC, where his fans adore him.

It's a win-win for all SEC lovers, and anti-Tebow haters who can't stand the SEC.

Match made in Heaven
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fitzie you sure have those pom poms out for your boy Tebow, lol.

Maybe he can lead the set in prayer by "Tebowing" at the conclusion of each post game show, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if the OP is actually Skip Bayless...

The people in the Southeast can talk up the SEC all they want but the SEC is still the amateurs. The worst NFL team is still miles above the best amateur team on any given day. Yet, many SEC players achieve success in the NFL but Tebow hasn't. He isn't simply relegated to a backup role but he's been unable to remain employed by any NFL team in any role.

Actually I feel bad for anybody who's stuck listening to him talk for extended lengths. The way he sounds talking you'd think he'd been hit in the head with a metal pipe one too many times.

Tebow will not have any association with the professional league is not by his own choice. He was a stud in the amateur ranks but he simply couldn't cut it in the pros. Too bad for him the NCAA only allows four years of playing eligibility. Too bad for him (and a bunch of other Heisman winners) winning a Heisman does not guarantee a roster spot in the pros.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

LOL @ those who are jealous of the SEC dynasty.

LOL @ those who are jealous that Tim led a 1-4 Broncos team to a playoff victory of the defending Super Bowl champ Steelers.

Timmy on the SEC !!!!

Now you Tebow and SEC haters will never hear from him again. We will have him all to ourselves.

Our Tebow
    Who art at ESPN
    Hallowed be your name
  • Options

<< <i>LOL @ those who are jealous of the SEC dynasty.

LOL @ those who are jealous that Tim led a 1-4 Broncos team to a playoff victory of the defending Super Bowl champ Steelers.

Timmy on the SEC !!!!

Now you Tebow and SEC haters will never hear from him again. We will have him all to ourselves.

Our Tebow
    Who art at ESPN
    Hallowed be your name >>

Your man crush on this fluke is quite revealing, LOL..

And despite what you and Skip Bayless think, he was nothing more than a fluke who got lucky. 32 NFL GMs know this. That's why he is in a suit and not on the field on Sunday where he so desperately wanted to be.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>LOL @ those who are jealous of the SEC dynasty.

>>

Facts:

Tebow fit well into a system that matched his "skills".
    He won a Heisman because he had great numbers in that system.
    That system that he fit in, doesn't work in the NFL.
    He eeked out a few victories against crappy teams to "lead" the Broncos to a playoff spot at 8-8 which is comical despite completing less than half his passes.
    Out of the teams "he beat", none made the playoffs.
    Won a playoff game because of blown coverage when the Steelers best defensive player was at home because of medical issues which do not work well in high altitudes.
    The next season, a real QB even though coming off a career threatening injury and surgery, won 13 games with the same receivers.
    Same season, a real coach knew Tebow was garbage and sat him almost the whole season.
    Total QBR for his career was 33.4

Yep, Tebow is the greatest ever.
  • Options
    Facts...

Tim will bring his southern charm and decency to all who love SEC football.

Tim will get paid very well to be around the game of football.

SEC fans are in 7th heaven.

You haters will no longer need to see him again.

Match made in heaven !!!

It's all good.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Lol. Just a little man crush going on here.
  • Options

<< <i> We will have him all to ourselves. >>

ESPN stole him away from the NFL
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    >>

I guess he forgot how to lead and win the following week with a horrid personal performance(9 of 26 for 136 yds), and a trouncing by the Patriots(45-10)??

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    This thread made me barf.

• Options
    Looks like there are many still jealous of his National Championship rings and Heisman trophy.

Here's a list of quarterbacks who never won a National Championship and a Heisman trophy combined.

Montana
    Bradshaw
    Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Andrew Luck
    Fran Tarkenton
    John Elway
    Warren Moon
    Drew Brees
    Ben Hamburgerhelper
    Tom Brady

Do you think those guys are as jealous as the sports talk forum guys ?
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like there are many still jealous of his National Championship rings and Heisman trophy.

Here's a list of quarterbacks who never won a National Championship and a Heisman trophy combined.

Montana
    Bradshaw
    Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Andrew Luck
    Fran Tarkenton
    John Elway
    Warren Moon
    Drew Brees
    Ben Hamburgerhelper
    Tom Brady

image >>

Better question: Do you think those guys have the man crush on Timmy that the OP does? image

• Options

<< <i>Looks like there are many still jealous of his National Championship rings and Heisman trophy.

Montana
    Bradshaw
    Marino
    Peyton Manning
    Andrew Luck
    Fran Tarkenton
    John Elway
    Warren Moon
    Drew Brees
    Ben Hamburgerhelper
    Tom Brady

image >>

Those guys found sustained employment in the NFL. Tebow hasn't even accomplished that.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>

Those guys found sustained employment in the NFL. Tebow hasn't even accomplished that. >>

Tebow was the first sophomore to ever win the Heisman. Those guys were never that talented, and they know it.

As Red-Skin2 will tell you, pro football is a team game, whereas in college one dominant player can make the difference.

Heisman trophy plus national championship = greatness.
    Class dismissed.
  • Options

<< <i>

Better question: Do you think those guys have the man crush on Timmy that the OP does? image >>

Even better question: Do you think those guys like to buy cellophane with pictures of guys wrapped inside ? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Those guys found sustained employment in the NFL. Tebow hasn't even accomplished that. >>

Tebow was the first sophomore to ever win the Heisman. Those guys were never that talented, and they know it.

As Red-Skin2 will tell you, pro football is a team game, whereas in college one dominant player can make the difference.

Heisman trophy plus national championship = greatness.
    Class dismissed. >>

All of those players named were starters on a professional team and some of them even own multiple Super Bowl rings. Never mind Super Bowls, Tebow can't even land a gig as a 4th string benchwarmer. He is an out of work football player.

Are all of Tebow's fanatics as delusional as the OP? They have no sense of reality, and you thought the Tony Romo haters were one dimensional.

It's too bad a Heisman does not guarantee employment in the NFL. Arguing the fact that he won a Heisman as a sophomore is like arguing your son should win the Nobel Peace Prize for science because years ago he won the 5th grade school district science fair. Stephen Hawking didn't win his 5th grade science fair but that doesn't mean your son holds more scientific credibility than Stephen Hawking. Tebow was a good amateur player who fit well in coach Meyer's system but as a pro he was a bust. That's right, a bust while those other players named have found success at the pro level. Tebow is that kid who won top prize at the 5th grade science fair but couldn't cut it as a tenured researcher.

Oh wait...why am I wasting my time making a reference to Dr. Hawking? There is no chance in hell the OP would even know who that is. Never mind.

Bottom line...Tebow was passed up by all 32 NFL teams at the league minimum salary, and considering the fact that guys like Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert can stay employed while he can't is truly telling of his abilities as a quarterback. Don't dare tell us it's because of a vast conspiracy by jealous players.

• Options

<< <i> Those guys were never that talented, and they know it.
    >>

Montana and Brady both know very well they have far less talent than Tebow. But everyone knows the ones with the Super Bowl wins ended up more successful. You make a very good case that Tebow is nothing more than a waste of talent

<< <i>Heisman trophy plus national championship = greatness. >>

Tim Tebow greatness = Matt Leinart greatness
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Those guys were never that talented, and they know it.
    >>

Montana and Brady both know very well they have far less talent than Tebow. But everyone knows the ones with the Super Bowl wins ended up more successful. You make a very good case that Tebow is nothing more than a waste of talent

<< <i>Heisman trophy plus national championship = greatness. >>

Tim Tebow greatness = Matt Leinart greatness >>

Not only Leinart. Don't forget the greatness of other Heisman winners like Eric Crouch, Jason White and Troy Smith. Actually Eric Crouch and Troy Smith were able to stay employed in the NFL longer than Tebow has.
  • Options
    I think edmundfitzgerald is a relative of Tebow or just pulling our legs.

Not a single owner, GM, head coach, OC or QB coach in the entire NFL thinks Tebow is even worthy of a spot on a practice squad. Guess they are all wrong.

And please do not give me the old "he isn't a good practice player" line. Total QBR in real games is still only 33.4 and only completed 47.9% of his passes in a league that is almost solely geared around passing.
  • Options

<< <i>
    >>

And since he's won it as a sophmore, two FRESHMAN have won the Heismann, completely obliterating your point that it made Tebow special.

<< <i>As Red-Skin2 will tell you, pro football is a team game, whereas in college one dominant player can make the difference. >>

You can't help but continue to push your racist agenda on us, can you? You, sir, should be ashamed (but anyone who has spent any time here knows you know no shame, sir).

<< <i>Heisman trophy plus national championship = greatness.
    Class dismissed. >>

He was a great college player. COLLEGE. He was never an NFL caliber starting QB, and for all the fuss you make about his 'leading' a 1-4 team to the playoffs, you continue to IGNORE that he LOST his final THREE games of the season and needed a final week collapse by the raiders to make it in the playoffs in the first place. Tebow, like you Fitz, SUCKS.
  • Options
    What does it say about Tebow's skills (or complete lack thereof) when the following players have NFL jobs:

Matt Flynn
    Matt McGloin
    Kellen Clemens
    Jeff Teul
    Seneca Wallace

It says that Tebow in the booth will be as close to the playing field as he'll ever see again.
  • Options
    My last Tebow comment, why does he still insist on being a QB? That is never going to happen. I understand that learning a new position would be difficult but he is a great athlete, he has intelligence (although no common sense) and has the build of a stereotypical TE. He should have at least basic knowledge of route running and offensive schemes. That is the only way he makes it back to the NFL.
  • Options

<< <i>My last Tebow comment, why does he still insist on being a QB? That is never going to happen. I understand that learning a new position would be difficult but he is a great athlete, he has intelligence (although no common sense) and has the build of a stereotypical TE. He should have at least basic knowledge of route running and offensive schemes. That is the only way he makes it back to the NFL. >>

His vanity and pride (ironically, two traits the bible specifically frowns upon) won't let him play any other position. He never should have been drafted, and NFL teams have finally woken up to the fact that this guy is not NFL quality.
  • Options

<< <i>I think edmundfitzgerald is a relative of Tebow or just pulling our legs.

. >>

We have a winner !

It's somewhat funny to me to see all these guys react so passionately about Tim Tebow.

Your legs have been effectively pulled.

Thanks for the enjoyment image
  • Options
    If only fitz were intellectually capable of this type of deception, but he truly does believe the garbage he writes about Tebow.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think edmundfitzgerald is a relative of Tebow or just pulling our legs.

. >>

We have a winner !

It's somewhat funny to me to see all these guys react so passionately about Tim Tebow.

Your legs have been effectively pulled.

Thanks for the enjoyment image >>

Sweet! What did I win?
  • Options

<< <i>

Sweet! What did I win? >>

You win an all expense night out for two between you and 1985fan.
    First you get to stroll around Beverly Hills in a mini-cooper.
    Then you get to enjoy a fine wine dinner for two, complete with detailed conversation about how great Arod is.
    Then you get to relax in 1985fans apartment thumbing through EX-MT 1985 Topps football for the rest of the evening.

PM me for details.
  • Options

<< <i>First you get to stroll around Beverly Hills in a mini-cooper.
    >>

How does one stroll around a city in a car?

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>The next season, a real QB even though coming off a career threatening injury and surgery, won 13 games with the same receivers >>

I don't mind Tebow as it's hilarious to me the passionate "hating" he gets. But please, please don't compare the success of Peyton Manning to anyone else, especially a young buck. Thank you.