Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My complete signed 1982 Wrestling All Stars Series A, scanned (13 deceased) RIP Iron Mike Sharpe (19

36 of 36 signed, 35 in PSA/DNA slabs
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #1 Andre the Giant AUTOGRAPHED 6, RIP (1993)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #2 Hulk Hogan AUTOGRAPHED 8
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #3 Mil Mascaras AUTOGRAPHED 9 (OC)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #4 Ted DiBiase AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #5 Junk Yard Dog AUTOGRAPHED 5, RIP (1998)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #6 Dusty Rhodes AUTOGRAPHED 6 (2015)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #7 Jack Brisco AUTOGRAPHED 8, RIP (2010)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #8 Harley Race AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #9 Dory Funk Jr. AUTOGRAPHED 8
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #10 Terry Funk AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #11 Nick Bockwinkel AUTOGRAPHED 7 RIP (2015)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #12 Bob Backlund AUTOGRAPHED 6
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #13 Bruno Sammartino AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #14 Pedro Morales AUTOGRAPHED 8
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #15 Don Muraco AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #16 Bill Dundee AUTOGRAPHED 9 (OC)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #17 Steve Olsonoski AUTOGRAPHED 7.5
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #18 Tommy Rich AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #19 Angelo Mosca AUTOGRAPHED 6.5
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #20 Bruiser Brody AUTOGRAPHED, RIP (1988)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #21 The Fab Moolah AUTOGRAPHED 7, RIP (2007)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #22 Wahoo McDaniel AUTOGRAPHED 7, RIP (2002)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #23 Billy Robinson AUTOGRAPHED 7.5, RIP (2014)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #24 Ivan Koloff AUTOGRAPHED 8
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #25 Tony Atlas AUTOGRAPHED 9
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #26 Pat Patterson AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #27 Ric Flair AUTOGRAPHED 6
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #28 Ivan Putski AUTOGRAPHED 6
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #29 Dick Murdoch AUTOGRAPHED 7, RIP (1996)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #30 The Crusher AUTOGRAPHED 6, RIP (2005)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #31 Ken Patera AUTOGRAPHED 7
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #32 Ernie Ladd AUTOGRAPHED 7, RIP (2007)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #33 Dick the Bruiser AUTOGRAPHED 6, RIP (1991)
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #34 Jerry Lawler AUTOGRAPHED 8
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #35 Cowboy Bill Watts AUTOGRAPHED 8
1982 - Pro wrestling All Stars (Series A) - #36 The Destroyer AUTOGRAPHED 6

Andre the Giant

Hulk Hogan

Mil Mascaras

Ted DiBiase

Junk Yard Dog

Dusty Rhodes

Jack Brisco

Harley Race

Dory Funk

Terry Funk

Nick Bockwinkle

Bob Backlund

Bruno Sammartino

Pedro Morales

Don Muraco

Bill Dundee

Steve Olsonoski

Tommy Rich

Angelo Mosca

Bruiser Brody

Fabulous Moolah,

Wahoo McDaniel

Billy Robinson

Ivan Koloff

Tony Atlas

Pat Patterson

Ric Flair

Ivan Putski

Dick Murdoch

The Crusher

Ken Patera

Ernie Ladd

Dick The Bruiser

Jerry Lawler

Bill Watts

The Destroyer
Text
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look great Rob!

You and others need to work on getting PSA more informed on what Bruiser Brody autographs look like. I saw another magazine from Japan that had a photo of him signed on the front and I would pass things like this on to PSA.

Your goal for 2014 should be to get that Brody in a slab. I am wishing you luck!

• Options
    Awesome collection Rob!
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very awesome collection! What's the story on the Brody and why won't PSA authenticate?
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Really like this set. Thanks for sharing.

Does the Backland card say WWF champ in 2008?

If so, who is he?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>Really like this set. Thanks for sharing.

Does the Backland card say WWF champ in 2008?

If so, who is he? >>

Bob Backlund is a wrestling legend.
    He has wrestled in 5 decades (70s-2010s).
    He was the WWF Campion back in the late 70s and/or early 80s (as well as a three day stint in the 90s).
    He was inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum in 2008 (that's probably what that date refers to, or it was simply the date he signed the card).
    He was inducted into the WWE's Hall of Fame this year.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Great collection of auto cards. image
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options

<< <i>Very awesome collection! What's the story on the Brody and why won't PSA authenticate? >>

Brody was killed in Puerto Rico in '86 or '87, so my guess is that simply there is not a lot of signed items out there to even know what his autograph was supposed to look like.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Very awesome collection! What's the story on the Brody and why won't PSA authenticate? >>

Brody was killed in Puerto Rico in '86 or '87, so my guess is that simply there is not a lot of signed items out there to even know what his autograph was supposed to look like. >>

Was stabbed to death backstage in 1988.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Brody was killed in Puerto Rico in '86 or '87, so my guess is that simply there is not a lot of signed items out there to even know what his autograph was supposed to look like. >>

Was stabbed to death backstage in 1988. >>

You're correct - it was Summer of '88. Nice catch. Happened in Puerto Rico, right?
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You're correct - it was Summer of '88. Nice catch. Happened in Puerto Rico, right? >>

That is correct. One of the toughest part of putting together this set signed is that ten of the wrestlers are dead and of course people were not walking around with these cards to get signed since the supply was limited on top of the fact that some of these wrestlers stayed in character......
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

You're correct - it was Summer of '88. Nice catch. Happened in Puerto Rico, right? >>

Yep in Puerto Rico. There were ultimately no arrests either.

If you have a minute, and a strong stomach search on Youtube for a clip with Manny Fernandez from Puerto Rico. In his words it was payback for Brody.

My understanding is that Brody was not a big signer and I think PSA is taking a precautionary stance on his auto. There are two magazines now and counting from Japan that show his auto that could be used as a template. He was huge in Japan.

• Options
    If anyone has upgrades then I would be looking to exchange those to this set with compensation. I do care about the appearance of the auto and won't add just to add.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    very cool! have you requested a signed w/ card grade set? been wondering if psa will do that....I've been doing this w/ ryan and trying to obtain high grade card examples in blue flips, convert to red w/ grade and hoping I could request/start a basic topps set.

they should be logged next week, but considering ya have to have 5 examples in red flips to request a set, I was just gonna wait out til they popped and see what they said...

seems logical and a financially sound way to generate more revenue for them....

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Great accomplishment and awesome collection.
    I love that Jerry Lawler card.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! Lots of memories there... Why is Ivan Koloffs like that?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>very cool! have you requested a signed w/ card grade set? been wondering if psa will do that....I've been doing this w/ ryan and trying to obtain high grade card examples in blue flips, convert to red w/ grade and hoping I could request/start a basic topps set.

they should be logged next week, but considering ya have to have 5 examples in red flips to request a set, I was just gonna wait out til they popped and see what they said...

seems logical and a financially sound way to generate more revenue for them.... >>

I do have this as a set registry....I just need to get the Bruiser Brody in a red flip and it will be complete.
  • Options
    gotcha! I went to look under non-sports, company sets, 82 set and didn't see it there...then realized there was a separate autograph tab.

doing good on the 82b set as well, kudos!
  • Options
    PSA DNA needs to get better or else I would be doing much better on 82 B.
  • Options
    they reject a bunch? never submitted autographed cards....
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Very cool! Lots of memories there... Why is Ivan Koloffs like that? >>

i was wondering the same thing - does he maybe have parkinson's or something similar?

this set is really cool, nice work putting it together!
  • Options

<< <i>they reject a bunch? never submitted autographed cards.... >>

They do not reject much but it has taken some time for them to get exemplars on some of the wrestlers. Wrestler autos used to be tough as the wrestler would stay in character and the fans were much more likely to get the program signed instead of having a trading card ready for them to sign. Only a few of these sets complete and signed are even possible due to Brody, Andre, Murdoch, Bruiser, etc......
  • Options
    Bobo Brazil

Obviously Bobo is in Series B but I thought this picture was interesting and might help explain why he is a tough auto to get from the set.

• Options
    Crazy how many of these guys died young!
  • Options
    RIP American Dream, Dusty Rhodes.......now 1/3 of the set from 1982 Wrestling All Star A set have passed on........ only 69 years of age.
  • Options
    The wrestling community has now lost Nick Bockwinkel......now more than 1/3 of the wresting all stars set A has passed away.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    another sad loss

RIP
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    This time wrestling lost Iron Mike Sharpe, he was 64 years old and found in the 1983 wrestling all stars set..... it seems like the losses from these three sets are coming really quickly these days............