Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1985 Fleer baseball day :)

Will opene packs as I wacth the Cards win and the Saints lose, putting the Cards in the playoffs - will open as much as possible of this - Travel day so only camera pics available (if someone knows another thing that has to happen for carss to get to playoffs please let me know )

Comments

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck on your rip. the 1985 Fleer design is a great one. Love the Eric Davis RC from that set!
  • NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Love that year. Was in my collecting prime. Good luck!
    Nikklos
  • vols1vols1 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
  • Yep - currently residing in an elite Best Western - no card special though

This is a Rickey box - 3 centered Rickey's various other off center stars and of course need to include Rusty - No Eric Davis yet jgfan

The sticker cards you see here will end up on this hotel's mirrors if the Cards continue to suck beyond all that which has sucked before thee - (tha would be hilarious but they got my amex card to charge for it !) Still though - come on Cards
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1985 Fleer was my favorite set from that year.

If 1980's baseball ever gets people putting together graded sets seriously this is one I think that will get done.

1985 Fleer

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Will open packs as I watch the Cards win and the Saints lose, putting the Cards in the playoffs (if someone knows another thing that has to happen for Cards to get to playoffs please let me know) >>

Bunt ... unfortunately for you the only scenario is: Cardinals clinch playoff berth with win + NO loss.

Current Scores: SF 17 - AZ 7 ...................... NO 21 - TB 7
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • dpeck - that is actually surprising not so many people have this set going in the registry Hadn't checked that before clicking on the link you gave- The cards are very good looking (not in a weird way image ) The pics above cover 1/3rd of this box - going for more now - the off center thing here deadly. Will hope 70/30 centering works for 10's HA !
  • Dbone- yep - situation is grimm image Rooting for the miracles here

I was a bit ago serioulsy also considering calling the President - yes - the president regarding how off center these two cards were

Luckily for him I figuered it out - he would have just given my working money to people who don't anyway.

imageimage
  • BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ol' Holland Tunnel combo. From the company that brought us Pete & re-Pete a few years earlier.
    Daniel
  • DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    Did Doc rear his head?
  • No Doc's yet - 2/3rd in - adding in to this Cardinals SUCK night are a couple centered Nolan's - one Dawson - a somewhat centered Pucket - and if Murphy counts to anyone,

• 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    This was the first set I ever built. I was eight years old.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Doc showed Caridnals could end up winning this game and is it ok - or disturbing - to anyone here if I sat the Saints should all die

4 packs left after this - and here it is:

Very cool box - Would agree with Dpeck in that this set is underrated. Dare ya to try this one - classic set with opportunity to go PSA graded with it.
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Love the set. Had a nice vending case last year and graded a couple dozen commons as a test. Hit 75%+ 10s, but very slow sellers at 15 per and didn't grade any more. Thinking of cracking another too.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions