Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please post a coin picture taken with your point and shoot camera!

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking at cameras and I'm slowing going crazy....so many models, so many numbers ... mind numbing.

I'd love to see a example of your work, along with the model you used. I want to replace my old P&S camera, which is officially kaput.

Thank you so much!

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    I bought a Nikon 5100 about a year ago, no macro lens. I've decided to sell some of my collection to pay for some store bought teeth. Prior to buying the 5100 I owned a Nikon 8700 which met its demise when I laid it on top of the wifes car about the time she was going to the grocery store. The 5100 without a macro lens does not do well in macro mode. I'm too broke to buy a $500/$800 lens, what to do.
    So I remembered the killer pics the 8700 took. Went to the bay and found a 8700 for $100 refurbished. This is the pic I got 20 minutes ago.

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am currently using a Nikon L820. Not an out of reach price and does pretty good on pics. With its editing program, you can get some good closeups. Also does a great job with HD movies and nature shots. The bottom one is of a snow burrowing Dachshund.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuji F10 P@S. It has a lot of features including macro, but no manual focus. I think it's probably more work than shooting with a more expensive setup. Tethered I believe would be the way to go.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does a camera (digital) make an image?
  • Options
    Great pics! Thanks so much!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you that missed my P&S Pringles can with a 8x Redrock Micro lens attached, here are some examples.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pics can be taken point and shoot, lighting, and quality camera.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those of you that missed my P&S Pringles can with a 8x Redrock Micro lens attached, here are some examples.

image >>

Now that is way cool.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought a Nikon 5100 about a year ago, no macro lens. I've decided to sell some of my collection to pay for some store bought teeth. Prior to buying the 5100 I owned a Nikon 8700 which met its demise when I laid it on top of the wifes car about the time she was going to the grocery store. The 5100 without a macro lens does not do well in macro mode. I'm too broke to buy a $500/$800 lens, what to do.
    So I remembered the killer pics the 8700 took. Went to the bay and found a 8700 for $100 refurbished. This is the pic I got 20 minutes ago.

Herb
    image >>

Hi Herb,

I still have the coin and your imageimage
    and still love it!!!

• Options
    Type 2, why do I have the feeling that you get a new can every time you take pics? I know if you panned out on that shot there would be some empty brown bottles too I bet. image I love that set up and those pics are the sh#t!
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I bought a Nikon 5100 about a year ago, no macro lens. I've decided to sell some of my collection to pay for some store bought teeth. Prior to buying the 5100 I owned a Nikon 8700 which met its demise when I laid it on top of the wifes car about the time she was going to the grocery store. The 5100 without a macro lens does not do well in macro mode. I'm too broke to buy a $500/$800 lens, what to do.

Herb
    image >>

Hi Herb,

I still have the coin and your imageimage
    and still love it!!!

image >>

Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Great pics!

Any more P&S examples out there?

Dave
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my pics for the past several years have been on a Canon Power Shot A590IS. I like the ease of use and
    have picked up another off ebay so that when this one dies, I have a backup.

bobimage

3 year old's first selfie!

No longer mineimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimage
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leica M (240), 90mm Macro, Tamarkin extender. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file