Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SOLD! vintage 20th Century World Coin album with ~$2K Krause

Collection is sold.

This is the album I talked about in this thread.

I am selling it exactly as received, no coins added or removed. The only thing I have done is to put the coins in archival saflips for shipping so they don't bounce around, and attributed and graded them all. I'm glad I did, rather than ballparking it, because there ended up being far more value there than I expected: just shy of $2,000 Krause... $1,969.80 to be exact.

To give some leeway for possible differences of opinion on some of the grades, and because I bought it right, I am selling the lot for less than 25% of Krause and you get the vintage album for free: $475 shipped in the U.S.

Anyway, the important bits:

1. Shipping to U.S. addresses only. No international shipping due to value and weight.

2. Payment by USPS money order (immediate shipment) or personal check (held to clear). No PayPal.

3. Where you see a split grade, e.g., "VF/XF", I felt the coin was better than your average VF, but not good enough to be an XF. Similar to VF30 or XF45 in U.S. grading. The Krause value used was half way between the lower and higher grades. I treat AU as half way between XF and UNC.

4. Where coins had problems sufficient to justify a lower grade, I have tried to indicate such as well as a reason for the net grade.

Here is an Excel spreadsheet containing all of the coins' information. Each coin's flip also has a paper insert with the information for that coin. The columns in the spreadsheet are as follows:

Country
Denomination
Date
Catalog Number
Grade
Silver content (oz. pure silver)
Mintage (there are some nice low-mintage coins in the mix!)
Catalog Value per Krause (Numismaster)
Notes

Thanks for looking, and here are the original pictures I took of the album:

Comments