Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1996 Upper Deck Authentic Gold Signature

White Whale has landed and now to get it in a PSA holder. It is listed in the SCD book but not in Beckett? Should I email Joe directly and ask him how to go about submitting the card or should I send in a copy of it in the SCD?
Anyways pysched to cross this one off the list... Yes I know there are a 1000 supposedly but unless there is a ton somewhere they rarely if ever show up for sale...
imageimage
Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658

Comments

• Options
    Interesting name......is it base Upper Deck, Upper Deck SP or Collectors Choice Gold Signature?

Edit: I see the scan now. Defeintely SP. Was this distributed thru Shop at Home or something?
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    If its in SCD they'll slab it. Not a problem if its not also in Beckett.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    It was distributed through the Upper Deck Store which I am assuming was through various publications?
    It was not a pack issued card like the Collectors Choice Gold and Silver Signature cards..
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Latest whale landed..Not impossible but about a 6.5-7 as far as difficulty goes...
    1993 Diamond Marks Prototype
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John, congratulations, nice finds! It's been a long time since we chatted, how's the Griffey collection coming along?

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    Sold a lot of it 2 summers ago and now getting back into it. I enjoy the oddball type cards
    where as before I wanted everything.

How are you? Still Preaching?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see your getting back into it, have always enjoyed your posts and how much fun you have with your collection.

I'm doing great, church is doing well, staying very busy.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    I love the "Upper Deck does not intent...." line at the end of the card since Card Sharks showed that many times, UD did go back and make more of "hot" cards.
  • Options
    These are actually the promo so I think they had a whole bunch extra and made these as they were ordered?
    They didn't make a 1000 and then sell them.. I have see maybe 4 of these in all my years collecting?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Huge whale here.. So happy to land this one... Right before bankruptcy Pinnacle
    had a collectors club to join and some rare cards ended up being the off spring of it....

Collector Focus

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Huge whale here.. So happy to land this one... Right before bankruptcy Pinnacle
    had a collectors club to join and some rare cards ended up being the off spring of it....

image >>

Awesome John, I just landed the Thomas a few ago myself.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Yeah this is the 3rd time owning this card.. I sold a lot of my collection 2 years ago and now
    I am having fun replacing them...

You got yours off comc right? He had a Thomas but I bid too low...
    Collector Focus

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2020 2:35PM

@jackstraw said:
    Huge whale here.. So happy to land this one... Right before bankruptcy Pinnacle

(Image)

:)