Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1824 Bust Quarter NEWP

hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to send a big thank you to John Feigenbaum and David Lawrence Rare Coins. I contacted John 7 months ago regarding an 1824 bust quarter and finally had the opportunity to purchase one from David Lawrence. This coin has been on my want list for a long time. I know it is only an AG 03 but it is exactly what I was searching for all this time and is my 48th bust quarter image

image

image

Comments

  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solid for the grade, crusty, and a superbly rare acquisition.

    Bravo!

    Drunner
  • Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭✭
    $12 face? I will give you melt x2….
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

    "“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

    "I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>$12 face? I will give you melt x2…. >>



    I'll keep your offer in mind if I ever need to sell image
  • Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭✭
    48 bust quarters is impressive, I don't have a single example that I know of… I should remedy this…. I would love a 1818 B-9
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>48 bust quarters is impressive, I don't have a single example that I know of… I should remedy this…. I would love a 1818 B-9 >>



    I like your style. Picking an easy one to start with.......NOT!

    The clashed arrowheads are way cool on the B-9 though. That one is still on my want list.

    I counted wrong. I have 40 bust quarters and 8 bust dimes. There are 96 die marriages that I know of so I am on my way. The sad thing is that I will never complete all 96 unless I win the lottery and even then it would probably be tough. I am enjoying the journey though.
  • Options
    Great coin and I agree with DLRC being one of the best
  • Options
    That is a very cool PCGS certified, RedBook, overdate, one year type, popular, superb low grade 1824/2 capped bust quarter!!
    Persuing choice countermarked coinage on 2 reales.

    Enjoyed numismatic conversations with Eric P. Newman, Dave Akers, Jules Reiver, David Davis, Russ Logan, John McCloskey, Kirk Gorman, W. David Perkins...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file