Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone going to White Plains in a few weeks?

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Gregg,

I've been thinking for quite a while as to whether I should get Buckner and Mookie to sign this. This was my ticket ... man, what a game that was.

For $45.00 it seems like a good deal. Also, with a Sunday paid admission, you get a McLain AND Kingman for free. (At least that's the way I read it.) Might have to take a ride there if the weather is decent. Have not been to a White Plains show since Gloria ran them.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    I think having those two sigs on YOUR ticket is worth the $45 (plus gas an tolls).

I'm sure I'll be there that day as well.

And yes, I think McLain and Kingman are free
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gregg,

I've been thinking for quite a while as to whether I should get Buckner and Mookie to sign this. This was my ticket ... man, what a game that was.

For $45.00 it seems like a good deal. Also, with a Sunday paid admission, you get a McLain AND Kingman for free. (At least that's the way I read it.) Might have to take a ride there if the weather is decent. Have not been to a White Plains show since Gloria ran them. >>

Go for it. I'll be there as well, and it looks like a decent show as these go.

I used a Mookie/Buckner signed photo to frame with my ticket stub, but sigs on the actual ticket would be cool.

I see you had better seats than me image

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    I was away at Purdue and missed being able to go to the game. Still the best game I watched live. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    A week away, who's going?

I will be there Sunday and may pop in Saturday for Staub to sign a RC (it's nice being 6 miles away).
  • Options
    Wish I hadn't seen this - now I might make the drive on Sunday image
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    Here's a hint, park behind the county center for FREE.

That can save you $10 in parking.
  • Options
    I'll be there Sunday for sure.
    May pop in Saturday to get La Gande Orange to sign a RC I have.
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    I go to White Plains every day. I live there!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Echo...

I've always wondered about that parking... but I've never really seen it... If I'm coming up Central Ave from Exit 5, and then typically turn left to go to the parking lot... what's the best way to behind the Convention center?

Would I make a u-turn to go the opposite way on Central Ave and then turn right just after the Convention center (that right hand turn just before Staples?) Or do I get behind it via the Bronx River Parkway?

Thanks!

Shaun
  • Options
    Shaun:

Here's an aerial shot (from google maps). Looking at the County Center, you want to be on the left of it and go down County Center Road (which is behind Staples). Sometimes there is parking on that street. Or, right after The County Center back lot (I imagine this is where dealers park) is an office building. I have parked in their lot for years and never had any problem. Hope that helps.

Gregg

image[/URL][/IMG]
  • Options
    Gregg,

Thanks! I will be there today, and will park there.

Shaun
  • Options
    Gregg,

Thanks for the tip! Was nice not to have to pay for parking.
  • Options
    Having just come back from the show an hour ago, I think that it was the best WP show I've been to so far.

There was a dealer there - nice as can be, that had some beautiful vintage cards. Very nice for their grade - well centered - I'm kicking myself for not picking up the '51 Mays he had nor the t206 Cobb or Mathewson. I was there for my 4 year old son, and I told myself I would cut back on cards this year, but man, he had some blazers and very reasonable prices.

Picked up a James Harden card for my son, and 2 boxes of Heritage for he and I to go through and have some putting a set together.
  • Options

<< <i>Gregg,

Thanks for the tip! Was nice not to have to pay for parking. >>

+ 1

:-)
  • Options
    Hey JP SPorts, what the FCUK?

I wait over an hour to get Dave Kingman....Denny Mclain is sitting at the next table, can I get him, too? NO, I have to go back an wait on another line over an hour.

2 1/2 hours?

That doesn't even count the time I spent on Buckner/Wilson

I go to 3-4 shows a year at White Plains, this was the worst organized!

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I have no interest in autos, it makes these shows much more fun.