Options

4480 days ago.... UPDATED!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:
    Anyone not taking profits at the moment on physical silver is a fool. Looks like that includes you. When I sell silver it is always followed by a repurchase at a lower price. That is how you grow a stack smartly. Pay attention, learn something.

But what about the fundamental and insurance?

Calling people fools for not selling is the same as calling them fools for believing in fundamentals and insurance.

Hypocrisy.

So you have never sold an appreciated asset? Buy and hold and let your heirs sell? Interesting investment strategy...

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:
    Anyone not taking profits at the moment on physical silver is a fool. Looks like that includes you. When I sell silver it is always followed by a repurchase at a lower price. That is how you grow a stack smartly. Pay attention, learn something.

But what about the fundamental and insurance?

Calling people fools for not selling is the same as calling them fools for believing in fundamentals and insurance.

Hypocrisy.

So you have never sold an appreciated asset? Buy and hold and let your heirs sell? Interesting investment strategy...

Isnt that what stackers do?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

A few may, but smart ones have core holdings and trade to make money to add to those holdings. Prior to this last run-up, you could buy 100 generic silver rounds for under spot on eBay after credit card cash back. 6 months later spot silver hasn't moved but I sold them for a $300 profit. There is a chance that spot will now skyrocket and I will be stuck with worthless FRN - but if things return to normal I have will have 120 ounces after I put that cash to work

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:

@cohodk said:

A few may, but smart ones have core holdings and trade to make money to add to those holdings. Prior to this last run-up, you could buy 100 generic silver rounds for under spot on eBay after credit card cash back. 6 months later spot silver hasn't moved but I sold them for a $300 profit. There is a chance that spot will now skyrocket and I will be stuck with worthless FRN - but if things return to normal I have will have 120 ounces after I put that cash to work

Thats what folk do with stocks also. Rebalance and diversify.

And if you want to rid yourself of "worthless FRNs", i will send you a self addressed and stamped envelop. What have you got to lose?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear