Home Precious Metals
Options

But Big Brother Ben Says there is no inflation

TV rates

3% last year, 4.4% hike in 2014 for direct TV/dish.

But in Bens world it is sharper and better and the football games are Pinker so it is really cheaper than it was....cheaper than it was.....cheaper than it was....cheaper than it was....

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found that if you are no longer under contract with DirecTV you can call them and tell them you are looking at going with a competitor (I mention AT&T) and ask "give me your best discount." They only discount you for a year so you have to do it again when regular rate returns to your bill.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TV rates

But in Bens world it is sharper and better and the football games are Pinker so it is really cheaper than it was....cheaper than it was.....cheaper than it was....cheaper than it was.... >>

You question Big Bruddah Ben?
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bernanke and now Yellen........I don't need anything else under the Christmas tree!!
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bernanke, now there's another one who's never held a real job or run a real business.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bernanke, now there's another one who's never held a real job or run a real business. >>

He's managed a printing company.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TV used to be free with 3 channels. Now we have 200 and have to pay. Sheesh!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voluntarily buy a very tasty sandwich once in a while at a certain airport, the price of this sandwich has doubled over the past year and doubled again a few months ago.
    there is a long line for tasty sandwiches to go every time I go, and I voluntarily stand in line for a tasty sandwich

I conclude therefore that all prices have quadrupled last year, and that's the real inflation, not the low aggregate inflation figure for "everything" that's reported by the Fed and other agencies

I also believe that if the price of another commodity besides tasty sandwiches has not quadrupled in that time, then the prices for that thing are Manipulated and will soon quadruple too.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have found that if you are no longer under contract with DirecTV you can call them and tell them you are looking at going with a competitor (I mention AT&T) and ask "give me your best discount." They only discount you for a year so you have to do it again when regular rate returns to your bill. >>

That's what I just did and they upgraded all my dvr's and the rest of the hard ware for free.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TV used to be free with 3 channels. Now we have 200 and have to pay. Sheesh!!! >>

We got 4 channels in the early 1970's with an antenna. ABC, CBS, NBC and a PBS (or some similar public channel) were available free. My Dad was still pulling silver from circulation then. image

In the mid-1970's we got cable TV for $9.95/month. It included channels 2 thru 13 only and the "big deal" was getting WFLD and WGN out of Chicago. At 1:00 a.m. all channels went blank and we got to look at a bullseye and listen to a smoke alarm. image Nobody, and I mean nobody, had a VCR at home then. They were the size of a suitcase and cost $2,000 minimum which was HUGE money in 1976. image

Now I pay $79/month for digital cable with 150 channels and have DVR included. I'm happy with that price. Merry Christmas fellas!

Let's be thankful for this day. My guess is that everyone on these boards has a better standard of living than 90% of the people who have ever lived. Be thankful for a warm bed and a good meal, something many don't have today. Be thankful for love, something many don't feel. Be thankful for all we have. We are lucky whether we know it or not.

• Options
    Van, the only thing you left out is now we watch those 150 plus channels on a 60" TV in the living room and a 42 inch TV in the man cave.......

Many things at this end to be thankful for especially family, friends, and health.......

Have a great Holidays

Tom
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Bernanke, now there's another one who's never held a real job or run a real business. >>

He's managed a printing company. >>

If Wall Street does not offer him an executive job, Parker Brothers certainly will.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

He's managed a printing company. >>

…and a digital company. The digital company was a greater success. The printing company had smoe $100 failures.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>TV rates

But in Bens world it is sharper and better and the football games are Pinker so it is really cheaper than it was....cheaper than it was.....cheaper than it was....cheaper than it was.... >>

and theres no problems with obama care either. fwiw
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foodball is definitely Pinker now... players must show their support, else possibly be accused of not being supportive of the cause

Who!?! Who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?!?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Foodball is definitely Pinker now... players must show their support, else possibly be accused of not being supportive of the cause

Who!?! Who doesn't want to wear the ribbon?!? >>

18% of GDP for medical care is not enough. We need more monies for Komen, St Judes and Diabetes, not to mention AIDS and all the Cancer that isn't Breast Cancer. Seems that the redistribution of wealth is going uphill to the docs, not downhill to the poor.
  • Options
    JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Social Security recipients will get only a 1.5% Cost of Living Adjustment(COLA) for 2014.
    Happy Times Are Here Again ! image

Only !.5% inflation, Now that's Funny !
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Post Office seems to think that it's more than 1.5%.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.