Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which modern card (post 1990) is at the top of your wish list?

Here is one modern card I would love to own. Link

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Any of the SP autos from the 97 UD Legends football.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to cheat and say a 1989 Donruss (or Leaf) Blue Chips Mike Greenwell.
  • Options

Borrowed image from dytch2220

Borrowed image from Donato
    I am working on the Nolan Ryan master set. Need 1004 more cards to complete. I might actually spend more on plastic than I did on cardboard.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    1989 Topps #233 Gregg Jeffries PSA 10. There are 8 of them but I can't find one.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 2001 Topps Chrome Retrofractors #146 Fernando Tatis for my Cardinals team set collection. You would think that it would be an easy card to find, but I have looked for 3 solid years and can't find one. I have finished a complete run of Topps Chrome Refractors Cardinals from 1996 to present all except for this Tatis. I am beginning to think that it doesnt exist.

Shane

• Options
    2001 Topps Chrome Brees
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    A Gregg Jeffries PSA 10 just sold in Aug for a record high of $55 off what appears to be legit bids. The few before we're selling for about an average of about $15. Make note however that the recent one was the first one that showed up in well over 2 years from when the last one sold.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    2008 Topps Miguel Cabrera PSA 10, his first card with the Tigers.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some thought, probably a 1991 Wild Card 1000 Stripe Ricky Watters. They're out there I'm sure. image
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    1999 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor (#/25) Tim Hudson.

Just because he recently signed with the Giants.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    psa 10 2000 topps miguel cabrera
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After some thought, probably a 1991 Wild Card 1000 Stripe Ricky Watters. They're out there I'm sure. image >>

I laughed when I saw this. This was the only 1000 stripe I pulled. Unfortunately I sold it off in the mid 90s for 50 or 60 bucks.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>After some thought, probably a 1991 Wild Card 1000 Stripe Ricky Watters. They're out there I'm sure. image >>

I laughed when I saw this. This was the only 1000 stripe I pulled. Unfortunately I sold it off in the mid 90s for 50 or 60 bucks. >>

c'est la vie image
  • Options

<< <i>Any of the SP autos from the 97 UD Legends football. >>

I'm putting together both the 1999 Donruss Elite Passing The Torch and 1997 Upper Deck Legends autographed sets.

Despite there only being 100 of the PTT autos, they are downright plentiful compared to the Legends SSPs. Since I only get to pick one of those, I will say the Walter Payton UD Legends auto.

Snorto~
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    2006 Topps Home Run Derby Ken Griffey jr I have never seen one. I have seriously considered
    buying cases of 2006 Topps to try and get one....
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Dmitri Young SP Jeter Rookie
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking about getting a Kobe Bryant Topps Chrome PSA 9 or 10 if I can get a good price on it.

Also on the list:

Kevin Durant Auto
    Mike Trout Auto
    Russell Wilson Auto
    Andrew Luck

I would be looking to add an Auto RC of any of these players if the price was right.
    Steve
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    1990 Pro Set Lombardi Hologram in PSA 10.
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2009 Bowman Chrome Mike Trout Super fractor auto... Shoot for the moon right ? Really any 09 Bowman Chrome auto Trout. Still too pricey for me to pull the trigger though.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    1991 Topps Tiffany Chipper Jones psa 10
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    98-99 Skybox Premium "soul of the game" Michael Jordan BGS 9.5.
  • Options
    I have a 1991 Ricky Watters Wild Card 1000 Stripe... #65.
  • Options
    2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket /100 Tom Brady PSA 10
    Greatly overpaying for a 2000 Fleer Showcase Tom Brady PSA 10
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    1997 SP Tracy Mcgrady PSA 10

Does anyone have one for sale?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    2001 TOPPS CHROME LADAINIAN TOMLINSON
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Steve Young 2001 Upper Deck Pros & Prospects A Piece Of History Autographs #SYAJ

Need that one to finish up the set and recently missed a well priced BIN by a few minutes to polish this set off! image

Snorto~
  • Options
    None
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Huh. I'll have to think about this some. My top two Will Clark cards (1992 Donruss Super Diamond King and 1990 Donruss Aqueous) are filled.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I got mine recently. Not sure what the next one would be:

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Bob-- you need to get one of the Topps 1990 Bush glossy White House issued cards. That plain old non glossy one you have is just so yesterday

I need the following Topps 1991 Instant Win Game cards ( baseball):

They look like top card below
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Moose1913Moose1913 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭
    1992 Cal Ripken Donruss Elite Signature Series PSA or BGS graded with sharp corners, no chipping, and a perfect signature.
    I pick things up
    I am a collector
    And things, well things
    They tend to accumulate
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly not just one on my list, my top 5:

1990 Topps Thomas NNOF PSA 9
    1996 Topps Chrome Refractor Kobe Bryant PSA 9
    1998 Playoff Contenders Manning auto PSA 9
    2000 Playoff Contenders Championship Ticket /100 auto Brady PSA 9
    2001 SP Authentic Tiger Woods /900 auto PSA 9

Looks like I might be priced out of the Thomas and Manning as I do not like spending more than $5k for a card and both of those seem to command significantly more than that now.
    If anyone has any of the above cards please PM me.

Robb
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    none!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Probably 1998 Randy Moss EX Credentials /6...there are a few Moss cards I would love to snag from '98, however.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got mine recently. Not sure what the next one would be:

image >>

Nice grade on the Ryan!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    At the top of my wish list is this card: 1990 DONRUSS #650 BO JACKSON/#569 JIM TRABER BLUE/WHITE TEST

Like Bob, I recently acquired some cards I was dying to get for my Bo Jackson PC including the inverse of this card. Of course, I would like to upgrade any of these cards if/when better examples become available. All of the raw cards are arriving at PSA today on a 10-day sub and I'm excited to see how they grade out. Here they are...

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Inverted Atomic Refractor - Larkin/Jeter
  • Options

<< <i>Bob-- you need to get one of the Topps 1990 Bush glossy White House issued cards. That plain old non glossy one you have is just so yesterday

I need the following Topps 1991 Instant Win Game cards ( baseball):

They look like top card below
    image >>

I love, love, love that you are hunting after these game cards. To me, that's collecting at it's purest. I'd love to read a lengthy article describing your passion and hunt for them. Just fascinating!
  • Options

<< <i>At the top of my wish list is this card: 1990 DONRUSS #650 BO JACKSON/#569 JIM TRABER BLUE/WHITE TEST

Like Bob, I recently acquired some cards I was dying to get for my Bo Jackson PC including the inverse of this card. Of course, I would like to upgrade any of these cards if/when better examples become available. All of the raw cards are arriving at PSA today on a 10-day sub and I'm excited to see how they grade out. Here they are...

>>

Congrats! I followed some of those sales and I'm glad to know they went to a true collector. Enjoy your new additions!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>At the top of my wish list is this card: 1990 DONRUSS #650 BO JACKSON/#569 JIM TRABER BLUE/WHITE TEST

>>

Congrats! I followed some of those sales and I'm glad to know they went to a true collector. Enjoy your new additions!! >>

Thank you! image