Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Here's hoping Roman isn't under too much ice. . .

and will be posting again soon. Toronto got hammered with a very serious ice storm the past couple days.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your concern, Don! I've moved about an hour north of Toronto and surprisingly this is the first time in 2 years I can say that Toronto has it worse than us. But yeah - i'm working remotely from home today because of the state of the public transit and roads. It's a mess in Toronto and as of last night about 200,000 people were still without power.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you for your concern, Don! I've moved about an hour north of Toronto and surprisingly this is the first time in 2 years I can say that Toronto has it worse than us. But yeah - i'm working remotely from home today because of the state of the public transit and roads. It's a mess in Toronto and as of last night about 200,000 people were still without power. >>

An hour north of Toronto? How far is that?

Like maybe 5 miles!!! image
  • sylsyl Posts: 888 ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm about 1/2 hour SW of T.O. and we were hammered, but we were lucky ... we only lost power for about 4 hours in the middle of the night. Many of our friends are going on their 3rd day without. We have many many trees down and the trees are still ice-full after 2 days.
  • PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I'm an hour west of Toronto, and we didn't get hit too badly. Lots of ice, quite a few trees down, and a 6 hour power loss. It would have been much worse if we hadn't had a storm back in April that took out a lot of trees. Except for rural areas, we were back to normal within a day.
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am nearby and curiously a lot of the local restaurants are running out of a lot of supplies because people don't have power. It is curious seeing all the power restoration crews from all over the region.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    48 hours without power.

Good thing we have a fireplace.

Everything's good now for Christmas dinner.

Have a good and safe holiday everyone.....

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)