Home Precious Metals

Texas Oil near $100. What does it cost to fill up your work vehicle?

Replies should be interesting.

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    $2.93 a gallon here in Spokane, Washington for regular. $44 to fill up mine
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Bout $120 @ 3.47 a gallon
    I drive a box truck fill up 2x a wk.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My commuter has a 390/400 hemi....that much.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend sixty something filling up at about $3.70 a gallon for midgrade

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• 2.98 here in Kansas and costs well over 80.00 to fill the pickup......

WAs a lot worse a few months back when 100 and the pump never clicked off LOL

Happy Holidays to all CU Members.......Make it a safe one

Tom
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $2.99/gallon here in Iowa for 89 octane with 10% ethanol. My Impala drinks about 16 gallons so I'm all in at $48 for the trip to Grandmother's house for Christmas. image
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Price of gas here (Western Canada) just dipped below $1 per litre ($3.79/gal) for the first time in quite some time.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Renman???
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're at about $3.30 a gallon here in the midwest. But...

I chose to live in a relatively small town with everything you could need, and everything is within a couple of miles.
    I chose to buy a vehicle suitable for my daily needs rather than buying a vehicle that would perform the most extreme needs I'll ever have.
    I chose the most fuel-efficient vehicle in that class for those daily needs, rather than something more powerful, quicker, or faster than what I need.
    I choose not to have "hobbies" which require fuel. No boat or ATV trailer requiring a powerful engine to tow. No boat or ATV to tow long distances. No boat or ATV to fuel when I get there.

I sympathize with contractors or laborers who really really need a bigger, powerful vehicle. But I've owned and run a medium-sized apartment business for 23 years now--ladders, replacement windows, sinks, doors, you name it. Most of it was done with a subcompact or a hatch back.

Can't imagine anyone who really loves to stack PMs wasting money on fuel.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Filled up today at $2.99 per. Was $2.89 yesterday, but they are gouging for the holiday week.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

$3.43 a gallon here about 100 bucks to fill each of mine

<< <i>I sympathize with contractors or laborers who really really need a bigger, powerful vehicle. >>

Why, one would think that their business model allows them to pass along the added fuel cost.

• << <i>

<< <i>I sympathize with contractors or laborers who really really need a bigger, powerful vehicle. >>

Why, one would think that their business model allows them to pass along the added fuel cost. >>

I have a couple bread routes that require a box truck to get the job done, I get about 9 mpg on the gas one and 11 mpg on the diesel.
    my product sells for the same whether fuel is $2 a gallon or $5. fuel going up just eats into my profit as a cost of doing business.
    I spent about 16k this year on fuel but I use a CC that gives me 3.75% cash back at the pump.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I spend sixty something filling up at about $3.70 a gallon for midgrade

Take it from a guy who has been in the Oil Industry for 26 years now. Don't EVER buy MG. It's a rip off. I'd love to tell you why publicly, but you never know who's watching you on the internet. Just please take my word for it, don't buy MG, you're being cheated if you do.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $3.19 here in Vegas.....and I don't work anymore!

Fill up about once a month on my Subaru Forrester.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gas here is $2.99. I am retired so I only fill up every month whether I need it or not.image
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $3.34 in Pennsylvania. My Focus probably has a 13 gallon tank. I drive about 600 miles a week for work reimbursable at 56.5 cents per mile.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Renman??? >>

Glad you axed Mark, Just finished flying Taipei to Memphis…we consumed 45,000 gallons @ $5.82/gallon = $261,900 carrying 170,200 pounds of freight. On average each flight that originates in Asia and ends in Memphis nets the Company $1-3 million in profit! Tonight we had three B777's flying in trail from Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Taipei across the "pond." It's crazy, this happens day in, day out.

<< <i>

<< <i>Renman??? >>

Glad you axed Mark, Just finished flying Taipei to Memphis…we consumed 45,000 gallons @ $5.82/gallon = $261,900 carrying 170,200 pounds of freight. On average each flight that originates in Asia and ends in Memphis nets the Company $1-3 million in profit! Tonight we had three B777's flying in trail from Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Taipei across the "pond." It's crazy, this happens day in, day out. >>

A Gallon a second!!!!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i heard the tanks the us government has does 3 gallons a mile. happy fueling
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the same as its been for the last 4 years--diesel gas been very consistently around $4/ gallon. No breaks for those trying to be "environmentally friendly".
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    to transport me to work and the kid to school (~80mi/day) is ~$65 a fill up @ <20mpg.
    hopefully trading the 4runner w/290,000 for fuel efficiency in January.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Funny how it went up from $2.98 to $3.26 last Friday, right before a traveling holiday weekend isn't it? All for absolutely no reason other than that. Capitalism at it's finest.
    I wonder if people would get upset if everthing just sudenly went up 10% in 1 day for no reason. I think, not long from now, it will become the norm for some consumer products.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My work takes me from my home office to the mailbox at the end of the driveway. I shoulda quit working for da man many years earlier.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Renman??? >>

Glad you axed Mark, Just finished flying Taipei to Memphis…we consumed 45,000 gallons @ $5.82/gallon = $261,900 carrying 170,200 pounds of freight. >>

The really surprising part of that is that Jet-A / A-1 / B is little more than an enhanced kerosene with type B being more aromatic for extreme cold weather use. Nearly $6 a gallon - think about that!