Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's Hanging??? BIG Thanks to Mike (thekid8)!!!!

I received an awesome gift in the mail from fellow member thekid8. As many of you have seen, Mike comes up with some great ideas and this is definitely up there in my book. Thank you very much for my Christmas surprise!!!

Finally a good use for old pack wrappers. image

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.

Comments

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, that is a great idea!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Mike

How you been?

I've missed you "on the block."

That's a creative ornament! Very nice.

Merry Christmas.
    Mike
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hiya Mike

How you been?

I've missed you "on the block."

That's a creative ornament! Very nice.

Merry Christmas. >>

Merry Christmas to you too Mike!!!

I've been around, just no time to post lately. I'm off next week though. image

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Very cool and creative.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Hi Barry. image

It is nice to be able to read the boards and not work for a change.

Collecting:
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike was kind enough to make one of these for me as well. I told him that my wife usually has "control" of the ornaments that go up on the tree, however after seeing this, she even agreed that it was very cool and it went right up..

Very generous gesture indeed!

[URL=http://s88.photobucket.com/user/whhp72/media/Misc Ripken/1xmas_zps81db377f.jpg.html]image[/URL]

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And here is the one Mike made for me. Man, it cost him TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS to purchase all those Bowman cards to make this one! LOL Thanks again Mike.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Those are awesome as well guys!!! Mike does outstanding work.

My wife was impressed as well which enabled it to get a prime location on the tree. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Those are very VERY cool. I wish I had some talent in the arts and crafts department!
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Mike as well!!! I got one too, a Jim Sundberg. Took it out of the package, began the walk to the tree to put it on, accidently slipped on a piece of cardboard in the floor, instinctively reached for the wall to keep from falling and knocked a couple pieces off of my ornament image I'm not crafty enough to figure out how to put it back together but my wife said she'll help me tomorrow.

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the gift, and she's a lot smarter then me so she'll be able to fix it I hope.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Mike. Remind me not to have you handle my unopened boxes. image

Didn't you make these as a kid? Maven might be able to figure it out too. I remember making them and I'm actually going to try to make my own. I just hope I don't infringe on Mike's patent.

Collecting:
  • Options

Very cool and maybe one of the more unique things I've seen posted in the memorabilia forum.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

Here is mine!

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

those are really neat. I havent seen CPAMike post for quite some time. I wonder what happened to him?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    those are really neat. I havent seen CPAMike post for quite some time. I wonder what happened to him?

Mike’s still active in the hobby, attends the national every year, etc. Just doesn’t come around here much at all anymore.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe I never shared mine

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach