Home Sports Talk
Options

Could you coach an NFL team?

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
...If you served a year with the team of your choice, learning the ropes first.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I could not do it. I wouldn't mind getting a multi year contract and being fired after one year with pay.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone I've ever seen post on this board could do as well as Jason Garrett. And I'm not just saying that because he's a soulless ginger freak.

No offense to other soulless ginger freaks.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense taken.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I could not do it. I wouldn't mind getting a multi year contract and being fired after one year with pay. >>

Same here, though I would be happy with a one year contract. Baseball, I could probably manage. Lots of chewing on sunflower seeds and rubbing your neck.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks sorta easy watching it from the TV, I cant tell you how many times we all have scratched our heads after an obviously stupid play call was made. In todays game if we were given the head coaching job and had to run the offensive playcalling then yea call the plays and see what happens but there is a million more things involved in it such as audibles and personel switches for each play ect.. way too much stuff going on that other teams would chew us up on and make us look stupid.

But Hell yea I would give it a shot for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    We probably wouldn't have to worry too much about getting Gatorade dumped on our nice clothes. Well 1985fan might as he would no doubt go undefeated. image
  • Options
    I coached Pop Warner football for two years. I may be overqualified to coach in Dallas.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    I have no doubt that I wouldn't be able to coach an NFL team. Take their money? Sure. But to have the patience required to put up with grown adults failing at their job repeatedly? No thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>I have no doubt that I wouldn't be able to coach an NFL team. Take their money? Sure. But to have the patience required to put up with grown adults failing at their job repeatedly? No thanks. >>

True. Romo must be killing Garrett.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    You mean the entire team is killing Monte Kiffin. Cover 2 doesn't work in the NFL anymore yet he keeps rolling it out there every weekened like its 2003.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I coached high school football but I don't see me being an NFL coach. Maybe with a several year apprenticeship or something but even then?
  • Options
    I would probably be canned on the first day when I banned pink clothing and dreadlocks. The tattoos I suppose we are stuck with.