Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shipping low value (under $50) coins internationally

I've got quite a bit of low value foreign material that needs to go. I'm thinking ebay. Whats the cheapest (best) way to ship abroad? No insurance is needed, I'm in at less than a buck on most of this stuff.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Bruggs

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cheapest is probably USPS First Class but be prepared to pay about $6.00 for shipping a 1/2 oz package.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
    I ship in a plain envelope. Put the coin in a flip, attach it to the invoice with a paperclip, put a few stamps on it (approximately $2) and you're done. Been shipping like that for a couple of months now (dozens of coins sold overseas). Never had any problems and have sold a lot more than I did when I charged $7.95 for international shipping and lost money (I charge $2.95 regardless of designation).

If you ship it in a bubble envelope it will be classified as a package and you'll have to either charge $9 for shipping or lose money. If you do charge that you'll find that very, very few people from outside of the US will buy your coins and you're losing a ton of potential customers. There's no tracking but a first class package doesn't have tracking outside of the US either.

Dennis
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure that the coin/item doesn't move around inside the envelope.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    I quit selling internationally. Most of my international sales went smoothly but of the troubled transactions, the majority of them were low dollar international ones. The way eBay is with DSRs and USPS, with international shipping fees, it's just not worth it to me. Maybe you'll have better luck. If you're going to do it, first class international is the probably the way to go for cheap stuff.