Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

I'm a newbie. Need some help to identify & value some coins

I would love some help from this knowledgeable group identifying these coins. If you have any idea of their value, that would be great too. Please forgive my amateur pics.
The 1st one seems to be an unsigned Sicily, Syracuse AR Dekadrachm, Euainetos type.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would love some help from this knowledgeable group identifying these coins. If you have any idea of their value, that would be great too. Please forgive my amateur pics.
    The 1st one seems to be an unsigned Sicily, Syracuse AR Dekadrachm, Euainetos type.

I don't know what this one is...

or this one...

Thanks a million! >>

You have to host your pictures somewhere online, then use the img feature.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • I'll try again. Definately having trouble with this!
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    then use the IMG files and just paste them here.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

Photobucket....image
    Becky
  • Welcome aboard. You will find lots of help on these forumns. I have to ask one question. Your code name is Tada. I wonder where this comes from. Why I wonder is because I lost my 2 and half year old grand daughter to hyper pulmonary tension and one of her favorite expressions was "Tada!"
    Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py
  • SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once pictures are uploaded, we'll have better luck assessing the coins. Could you give more information as to where the coins came from? A dekadrachm would be quite a find if genuine but there are probably more forgeries than real coins these days due to their value.

Welcome to the boards!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Thank you! I will
  • Thanks so much!!!
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your little cherub. TaDa has always been a favorite expression of mine as well & one day I bumped into a cute shop by that name. I adopted it as my Ebay user name (where I've sold some gorgeous Mexican Libertads). When I was naming my Etsy shop, "Ta Da" was already taken. It set me back for weeks trying to think of a new one!
  • My father had an interest in coins. When he passed away (20) years ago, I put them away with whatever receipts or info I could find. Much of the info was for different coins, not the ones I had. I just recently started trying to identify them. Many are old silver dollars & Olympic coin sets. But some I need help with!
  • A quick try...

• another one...

• and the last one...

Thanks again!
  • I doubt this will come as as surprise but the dekadrachm is fake.
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    The last one, the one with the hole, is a 5-yen piece from Japan, dated 1985.