Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1984 Rack Box on Ebay All packs have Mattingly

I just saw this listed on Ebay. The seller says all packs (22 packs) have a Mattingly rookie inside. Basically, he is admitting to searching rack packs at some time in the past. No way I would list something like that.
James

Rack Packs Auction

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Wonder if this one was searched . . .

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His listing for a 1980 wax "box" sans the box is not exactly reassuring either. But at least he found a 1983 box for them, lol.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just saw this listed on Ebay. The seller says all packs (22 packs) have a Mattingly rookie inside. Basically, he is admitting to searching rack packs at some time in the past. No way I would list something like that. >>

Why not? It's not like pack sequencing was some huge mystery in the 1980s. It was done by tons of people and didn't require you to do anything to the packs in order to know what was in them. This isn't the same thing as your average Target pack groper who's ruining packs looking for hits.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I just saw this listed on Ebay. The seller says all packs (22 packs) have a Mattingly rookie inside. Basically, he is admitting to searching rack packs at some time in the past. No way I would list something like that. >>

Why not? It's not like pack sequencing was some huge mystery in the 1980s. It was done by tons of people and didn't require you to do anything to the packs in order to know what was in them. This isn't the same thing as your average Target pack groper who's ruining packs looking for hits. >>

+1
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    There is a Youtube video from Muggyman where he shows off a box of racks with Mattingly RC on top. Could be the same box.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Strange he refers to it as "1984 Topps Baseball Cello Box". It's obviously not, and I've never heard the two used interchangeably.
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Regardless of the subject, I laugh at these Oprah memes every time.
  • Options

<< <i>Strange he refers to it as "1984 Topps Baseball Cello Box". It's obviously not, and I've never heard the two used interchangeably. >>

As we know, cellos are clear. I think that's where they mix it up if they see a clear rack. Some call both cello packs and rack packs, cellos. A friend is over-seeing my cards and he confuses me everytime he says it.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I love it when people mispronounce cello as "chello", as if they don't realize cello is short for cellophane.
  • Options

<< <i>I love it when people mispronounce cello as "chello", as if they don't realize cello is short for cellophane. >>

Haha. I have never heard anyone misprounced cello. If I do, I will probably laugh at them until I turn cherry red. image
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wonder how many 1984 rack packs out there are NOT searched. There is so much room in the cells to thumb through the stacks.
    Daniel
  • Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Donruss rack with Donny on top would actually be an impressive feat.

Instagram: mattyc_collection