Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about PSA review service

I was hoping somebody could explain something to me about the PSA review service. I have collected a 73 Topps master set (currently #3 in registry) but periodically PSA changes the set composition to include "new variations". For example most recently I had the only 100% complete 73 master set in the registry, but then PSA recognized two variations for #504 Earl Williams: "with gap in border" and "without gap". This rendered my PSA 9 (which was labeled without either variation) as ineligible for either of the two slots in the master set, thereby all of a sudden leaving me missing two cards from the set.

I would like to submit my existing #504 Williams for relabeling under the PSA review service, so that it can be relabeled as "without gap" and thereby filling one of my two missing slots in the registry. My question is as follows: Is there any way for me to do this without submitting a minimum of 10 cards for review, and paying $23 in shipping for one card? I only have this one card to submit and it seems unfair that I would have to submit a minimum of 10 cards because PSA implemented this change.

Is there possibly a third party service that submits cards to PSA on behalf of others in situations like this (or even when you have less than 10 cards for regular grading), and charges a small markup for doing so?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Comments

• Options

I too have a hockey card that does not fit in either slots. PSA told me to send it in so they could re-holder it...why should I spend all that time and money for a change they made. I would have liked for them to assign it to the appropriate slot after I send a scan of the front and back. I guess that would be too easy!
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have to get it reholdered to have it match your set.

Go to your set and choose "Report a cert that should match this composite". From the "Slot" drop down menu, choose the appropriate slot from the list (i.e., #504 EARL WILLIAMS NOT SO MUCH A GAP"). Enter your Cert Number in the field below, and add comments (keep them clean).

Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I wish it would work like that, maybe I'll try for a second time but I tried that and they told me to sent it in to get retagged. I just never bothered to sent it in.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish it would work like that, maybe I'll try for a second time but I tried that and they told me to sent it in to get retagged. I just never bothered to sent it in. >>

Well, doesn't that just gnaw at your spleen? image