Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Did I miss something on PSA Specials for December?

NO SPECIALS for any regular/non-sports for anything AFTER 1955 (1956-Date) ????????

Tony
KalineFan

Comments

• Options
    They're taking a month off. How about the new holders per the Joe O. column....While the new holders can be stacked with the older ones, they are 'slightly larger'. This should work great with my snugly fit storage containers....
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Don't mean to take this off topic, but I now have quite a few cards in the new holders. The one thing so far that I do not like about them is that they cannot fit into the blue (I assume red as well) PSA plastic boxes.

Justin
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    18 slabs to a psa brown cardboard box vs. 24. They definately take up a lot more space in bulk.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Specials are a thing of the past- gotta somehow make up the costs for these new holders everyone demanded
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "18 slabs to a psa brown cardboard box vs. 24. They definately take up a lot more space in bulk. "

Ruh Roh! That means my 4 MJ Roop boxes will not hold my 720 card 1970 set which I'm about 140 short on right now.
    180 of the old holders fit in box. Mixing the new holders in will create a need for a 5th box. Crapola.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>18 slabs to a psa brown cardboard box vs. 24. They definately take up a lot more space in bulk. >>

That's not good. I'm already tight on storage space.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭

<< <i>18 slabs to a psa brown cardboard box vs. 24. They definately take up a lot more space in bulk. >>

That really, really bums me out. I quit.....I collect graded sets in fairly large quantities and losing that much space is a deal-breaker.

Kevin M.
  • Options
    Not to mention, as I move forward, my sets would have a mix of old casings and new casings varying in size. Yikes. I vow to myself to step back from this hobby.
  • Options
    Soloway was right....
  • Options
    He's the guy that PSA wrote a fawning column about in SMR a few years back. He called himself the greatest all-time collector. A few months later, he sells his entire collection. Every set is 'Reitred'.

The Soloway Collection....
  • Options
    Here's the link to the column -

SMR Column

And if you don't want to click the link, here's a taste -

As I have said, I still have all of my childhood cards and I will never sell them. I will never sell any of my cards. I am a collector in the purest sense of the word. It is not in any way about being an investment for me."

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    18 slabs to a psa brown cardboard box vs. 24

I smell a shipping price change coming
  • Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    They make enough on the shipping as it is
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could use a break with these turnaround times...I'm hoping they will catch up now!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They make enough on the shipping as it is >>

Absolutely!!!!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06