Home Precious Metals

Sneaky bitcoin mining by Cheat prevention site..

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
I'm not ready to think of bitcoins as anything but a highly speculative gamble, of possibly getting some profit before getting stung yourself, let alone using it as a transaction medium.

Linky
COA

Comments

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that the Chinese aren't counterfeiting bitcoins somehow.......
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is China inching its way towards banning all digital currencies for everyone???

bitcoin tumbles after china bans financial companies from using digital currency
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is THE banker ?
    Who is the miner ?
    Who's doing the assaying ? What drives it ?
    Too many variables for me to touch.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who is THE banker ?
    Who is the miner ?
    Too many variables for me to touch. >>

There's an old saying in poker, if you look around the table and cannot figure out who the sucker is, you are the sucker.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not ready to think of bitcoins as anything but a highly speculative gamble, of possibly getting some profit before getting stung yourself, let alone using it as a transaction medium. >>

It is in fact a highly sophisticated transaction medium, and soo much more. Implecations are huge once this is realized.

<< <i>I'm surprised that the Chinese aren't counterfeiting bitcoins somehow....... >>

That is the beauty of an open sourced network, if this were to occur somehow, they could be marked as tainted, or the network could be abandoned for an alternative while the developers could work to implement a solution.

<< <i>Is China inching its way towards banning all digital currencies for everyone???

bitcoin tumbles after china bans financial companies from using digital currency >>

China holds a monopoly on thier own currency and seeing thier people flock to cryptocurrency in droves, and the realization that it could be a way for thier citizens to gain more control of thier finances they natrually reacted negativly. Lets not forget the run from $120 to $1200 was at a height of chinese interest without regulation. I doubt China could tell the world what to do without causing some sort of disturbance in the force.

<< <i>Who is THE banker ?
    Who is the miner ?
    Too many variables for me to touch. >>

YOu are the banker! You are the Miner! (well in the case of the OP, the group of people wanting gaming security were) You are assaying the coin, as is the rest of the network. You drive it. If you choose not to touch it, that is your desision... in regards to the article you posted, I could tell you who the thief is though.

<< <i>There's an old saying in poker, if you look around the table and cannot figure out who the sucker is, you are the sucker. >>

This old saying may have some merit to it, but could be looked at from a different angle when related to Bitcoin, when you find that the rest of the table is playing bitcoin, and you're not...well

As for the Original article, I think it was devious of this rouge programer to add the code into the gaming feature, but he was diciplined/fired and the company gave a months free service to all of the participants, and donated 200% of any funds ill-made

It's all about what the people want...