Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My first unopened purchase (junk wax, no scans)

I went down to my local card shop today and made my first un-opened purchase. It was a 1989 bowman wax box along with a 1980 topps rack pack and some 89 fleer wax packs (for ripping later).
I know it's mostly just junk but I've always liked the 89 bowman set and have wanted a wax box for a while. And it's what I can afford on a "stay at home dad" salary.

I payed $15 for the bowman box, tried talking him down to $12 but he wouldn't budge.
I paid $8 for the 1980 topps rack pack (not quite sure if thats a good price or not) but he wouldn't even let me choose my own rack out of the 7 or 8 he had hanging behind the counter lol.

Eventually, I'd like to collect early 80's wax and cello boxes, but I
I'll just have to be patient.

EDIT- I MEANT 1981 RACK PACK, NOT 1980!! SORRY!!!

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    You got a 1980 Topps Rack Pack for EIGHT BUCKS?????? RUN RUN RUN back to the store in the morning and buy the rest of them!!!!!! You can sell them for FORTY BUCKS EACH NO PROBLEM!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Doug is right, get the rest of those 1980 rack packs pronto. Even if they were football that would be a steal.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. You can barely get a 1980 wax pack for that price.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman