Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1854 hi Russia 5 kopek NGC ms66 pricing help please

I have a 1854 HI Russian 5 kopek NGC ms66 I googled and couldn't find anything I went to the pops and it shows 8 in 66 with 2 higher. The coin is cameo on both sides with killer toning ( I tried to image it but it's a small coin and I can't get it in focus through the plastic ) The krause only lists it to xf... If anyone has a pulse on the russian market and can give me some idea of value ( even if a ballpark educated guess it would be appreciated )

thanks
Ken
If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......

Comments

• Options
    dizzleccdizzlecc Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    Like many world coins they can be tough to price as they do not come up for sale very often. The closest I could find was:
    RUSSIA. 5 Kopek, 1854-CNBHI. NGC MS-64 sold for $350 in a Stacks Bowers auction in August 2013. The estimate was $200 - $300

Stacks Bowers also had a RUSSIA. 5 Kopek, 1877-CNBHI. NGC MS-66 sell for $420 in November 2013.

You might want to review Stacks Bowers auction site for more prices realized of other dates or grades.

• Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭
    I paid 500 so I guess I might have paid a little to much lol it's hard when you're wandering outside your area but the coin is beautiful I'll try to get some images but it's so small and with the P/L toned look it keeps coming out blurred or a ball of light LOL

thanks for the help

Ken
    If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......