Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Alisuxpress has fakes but finding them in fake Pcgs is harder, not impossible

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
here is a fake Morgan in a fake Pcgs holder

Can't we please write letters to ICE and the SS to seize the domains??

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    This type of activity has clearly crimped the rare coin business.

Unfortunately we are small potatoes to Washington and to them we are far from too big to fail.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good to have these links. It's unfortunate how blatant this is. I wonder if anything can be done about taking these down.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>here is a fake Morgan in a fake Pcgs holder

Can't we please write letters to ICE and the SS to seize the domains?? >>

since items like this undermine the pcgs brand, if anything could have been done by now, i'm confident it would have been. in the future, who knows?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Regarding the PCGS brand, should PGCS be filing lawsuits like LV does?
  • Options
    Odd assumption from the compiler of pictures of fakes.

Nothing can bs done and it's already being done.

There was a thread recently on the SS looking into fakes in fake gsa's

That is new and that is something that can be done.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our host should be able to take steps to stop it, why haven't they?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Pcgs will

It is like stopping fakes on eBay, although these counterfeiters are much more open.

They do not show up on a search for Pcgs however.

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>

Our host should be able to take steps to stop it, why haven't they? >>

What about a big nuke? Just sayin...
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options

WOW!!! This sucks, the cert number even comes up with the correct coin/grade. But the real one looks a little nicer.
    Pacecar
  • Options

<< <i>

WOW!!! This sucks, the cert number even comes up with the correct coin/grade. But the real one looks a little nicer. >>

It's a bit scary to imagine if the fake ones ever look better....
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Stopping the fakes would be so easy its not funny...........Its so easy I can't believe its not being done already.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    I just bought one of these and when it arrives, I am going to contact the secret service and report it and turn it over to them and then file a dispute with my CC. I am sick of this, sick of seeing these. If I report it as a victim then I think they at least have to look at it.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming the sellers are not in the US, does a US agency have the authority to seize these domains?

Does a foreign country, like China, have the authority to seize domains held by US companies because they find them objectionable for trafficking in materials unacceptable by the foreign government?

What is the international law?
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

What about a big nuke? Just sayin... >>

These arent auctions.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stopping the fakes would be so easy its not funny...........Its so easy I can't believe its not being done already. >>

i'd love to hear it

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What about a big nuke? Just sayin... >>

These arent auctions. >>

You are assuming that he was referring to a bid. image
  • Options

<< <i>

Assuming the sellers are not in the US, does a US agency have the authority to seize these domains?

Does a foreign country, like China, have the authority to seize domains held by US companies because they find them objectionable for trafficking in materials unacceptable by the foreign government?

What is the international law? >>

They are .com domains. ICE has seized other .com domains.

• Options
    BTW Yahoo owns 24% of Alibaba. Perhaps Marissa Mayer could be encouraged to rein in their holding's activity.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are faking the "certification and grading" attack them on that grounds.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Sadly, I would not be surprised to know that all federal agencies are directed to stand down on China fakes. We would not want them to stop buying our treasuries would we? It would be interesting to see how PCGS would do in court for distribution of products with unauthorized use of their name and logos.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    one HSI/ICE PR on domain seizures

I will get contact info for top brass in ICE, the secret Service and HSI and post it Monday.

I will also encourage everyone to complain about other counterfeit goods on alibaba and aliexpress. Ex. Prada item

**I suspect we will fail initially on the basis of them being like bulletin boards (old legal claim where they aren't the peeps, just the unsuspecting bulletin board in the grocery store)

**however, counterfeiting money is a serious crime and once a pattern of looking the otherway is established, I think the sites will be under serious threat.

• Options

<< <i>Sadly, I would not be surprised to know that all federal agencies are directed to stand down on China fakes. We would not want them to stop buying our treasuries would we? It would be interesting to see how PCGS would do in court for distribution of products with unauthorized use of their name and logos. >>

We just flew b52s through their new adiz.
  • Options
    As a shareholder I would love to see PCGS drop a 500 million dollar lawsuit on Alibaba. Might improve the distribution.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone here know anyone associated with Anonymous? Perhaps they could persuade a bombardment of their website! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sadly, I would not be surprised to know that all federal agencies are directed to stand down on China fakes. We would not want them to stop buying our treasuries would we? It would be interesting to see how PCGS would do in court for distribution of products with unauthorized use of their name and logos. >>

We just flew b52s through their new adiz. >>

Ms, I don't know but I almost think China would get more upset over money issues than military games and I would think tit for tat would be more likely.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

What is the international law? >>

They are .com domains. ICE has seized other .com domains. >>

Were these .com domains owned by foreign entities? ICE, as far as I understand, is a federal agency whose authority is limited to the US. Can ICE seize domains owned by foreign entities? If not, then what can ICE do if the websites are foreign owned and operated?

If ICE has no authority over foreign-owned and operated websites, what organization/agency does?
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    .com domains are controlled by the USA company verisign, so the strong arm Gov't claims the ability to seize any .com

**for those making the attempt, I plan to compare the Ali sites more to the recent seizure of the Silk Road than eBay by showing that the Ali sites readily facilitates the sale of obviously counterfeiter goods--obvious in the sense that us silver eagles are not made in china of silver plate and that it is easy to find counterfeited designer names with a simple search. Ex that prada bag which are not made in china and do not cost $35 to the consumer.

• Options

<< <i>I just bought one of these and when it arrives, I am going to contact the secret service and report it and turn it over to them and then file a dispute with my CC. I am sick of this, sick of seeing these. If I report it as a victim then I think they at least have to look at it. >>

Is it legal to import these? If you buy it, are you or the seller considered the importer?
  • Options

<< <i>BTW Yahoo owns 24% of Alibaba. Perhaps Marissa Mayer could be encouraged to rein in their holding's activity. >>

Yahoo sold their stake in 2012 for $7.6 billion and made a healthy return.

Their continued ownership is like an urban legend now...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

We just flew b52s through their new adiz. >>

Ms, I don't know but I almost think China would get more upset over money issues than military games and I would think tit for tat would be more likely. >>

China was very upset over US brinksmanship over extending our debt limit and possibly reducing out debt rating. Not sure we'd want to play the US debt rating game with China, but it's a possibility as it's okay between our political parties.
  • Options

<< <i>.com domains are controlled by the USA company verisign, so the strong arm Gov't claims the ability to seize any .com

**for those making the attempt, I plan to compare the Ali sites more to the recent seizure of the Silk Road than eBay by showing that the Ali sites readily facilitates the sale of obviously counterfeiter goods--obvious in the sense that us silver eagles are not made in china of silver plate and that it is easy to find counterfeited designer names with a simple search. Ex that prada bag which are not made in china and do not cost $35 to the consumer. >>

This sounds like it has some promise. I think one key would be to make the counterfeit sales claim across many products as you mention If you can get LV to file a lawsuit or Microsoft to take action, that would send a strong signal to the US.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>BTW Yahoo owns 24% of Alibaba. Perhaps Marissa Mayer could be encouraged to rein in their holding's activity. >>

Their continued ownership is like an urban legend now... >>

Reuters, BusinessWeek and CNNMoney must hang out in the Hood as they confirm Yahoo's current stake. The 2012 sale only represented half of the Yahoo holding.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Their continued ownership is like an urban legend now... >>

Reuters, BusinessWeek and CNNMoney must hang out in the Hood as they confirm Yahoo's current stake. The 2012 sale only represented half of the Yahoo holding. >>

You're right. I missed it when I was running the numbers the last time around. With Yahoo only selling half its stake in 2012, it had generated a 46% annualized return by 2012 and there's a person in Forbes giving Alibaba a target $150 billion market cap by 2015. Very impressive growth for any company.

It will be interesting to see what can be done. I wonder what % of commerce on Alibaba has to do with counterfeits. I think the trademark infringement may have more teeth if you can get companies like LV involved. My guess is that it would be harder, but not impossible, to take action on the counterfeits without PCGS-trademarked slabs as those coins are legal in China. It seems like the US would first want China to normalize their counterfeit coin laws through the WTO for that.
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    guys type in other brands...this is not a problem exclusive to coins ...try Coach handbags
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything of sufficient value is faked. Coins are a niche product.
  • Options
    On an NFL site, they say they don't license headgear and some other things yet I found seahhawks (unique name) caps and even a knockoff uniform.

If this is their example of self-policing, then it's a joke.

• Options

<< <i>On an NFL site, they say they don't license headgear and some other things yet I found seahhawks (unique name) caps and even a knockoff uniform.

If this is their example of self-policing, then it's a joke. >>

The NFL is a very litigious organization when it comes to protecting its trademarks, so it might work to get a number of these trademark owners together to contact Aliexpress and ICE about their concerns. Ideally, Aliexpress would do more self-policing like eBay does.
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭

OMG that thing screams RUN

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>one HSI/ICE PR on domain seizures

I will get contact info for top brass in ICE, the secret Service and HSI and post it Monday.

I will also encourage everyone to complain about other counterfeit goods on alibaba and aliexpress. Ex. Prada item

**I suspect we will fail initially on the basis of them being like bulletin boards (old legal claim where they aren't the peeps, just the unsuspecting bulletin board in the grocery store)

**however, counterfeiting money is a serious crime and once a pattern of looking the otherway is established, I think the sites will be under serious threat. >>

Was this information ever posted? I could have missed it.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file