Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage not having Long Beach auctions any more?

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Auction schedule

I don`t see it on their list.
Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe they are but it appears that they do not want anyone to know about it. Someone asked this on the forum a while ago so I went to heritage and the Long Beach show site and cannot find any links to an auction. So I searched for it and found a page at www.longbeachexpo.com/auctions. This page shows a Heritage auction #1202 on January 29-February 1 at the Long Beach Coin Show. Sorry, but I'm new at posting here and don't know how to add a link.image
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they would be looking for consignments right now. Looks like they are shifting their emphasis to New York.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting.

Looks like Heritage is trying to fill in the semi-void left by StacksBowers.

Also, Heritage probably has a fixed cost structure in Dallas and New York that they want to take advantage of. Rosemont and Orlando looks to be the major exception because of the strong shows there?
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Heritage is doing an auction in conjunction with the new PNG New York Invitational, being held October 8 - 11, 2014. That rules out an auction at October Long Beach.

FUN and NYINC in January must already make the early February LB show a tough sell to consignors, and difficult for Heritage staff.

And Heritage now has a Summer ANA world coin auction. (Yippee!)

I suppose they could still do a June LB auction, but that's hardly a prize slot.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny...out of all of the Long Beach shows Heritage may only do an auction at the WORST one in June? The shows in Feb and Oct are much better attended. That's odd...

jom
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last Heritage auction in September 2013 was just way too big. Auction sessions started only a couple of hours into dealer set-up time and they never stopped. I think it really took away from the show itself and hurt the show by dragging many dealers/collectors away from the bourse. Of course, having no Heritage auction at Long Beach will also hurt the show somewhat, but with the extra focus on the bourse w/o them hogging all of the attention... maybe not so much.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, it might make sense for Stacks-Bowers to move their "Collector's Choice" auctions into the LB shows.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At this point, it might make sense for Stacks-Bowers to move their "Collector's Choice" auctions into the LB shows. >>

Alternatively, I see an opening for the new, large format "MrEureka Auctions" to get started.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the auction companies pulled out of Santa Clara I at least understood it better. But, the Heritage auctions at Long Beach have been a long standing tradition and it is terrible news that they elected to leave Long Beach. I do not believe Stacks will be able to fill the void due to their commitments and relationships elsewhere. The Goldbergs are all set with their new building, etc. to conduct their auctions in West LA too I assume (away from the actual show). It should be interesting to see what happens from here. This show is too important to not have a major auction linked to it I believe. Time for the brain trust at CU to "pull a rabbit from the hat". Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this would be an opportunity to hit the reset button on the auction vs. bourse ratio. If a smaller auction house came in, maybe they would consider running their auctions or lot viewing for an upcoming on-line auction on Saturday-Sunday after the show. This would give the collecting public some coin action on Saturday and maybe Sunday weekend days when many dealers fly off on Friday, and some energy for those dealers that elect to be open on Saturday.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file