Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COMC selling question

Bought from COMC many times, first time selling. Some random questions. First, from the buyer side, it's $3.00 flat shipping. Then when I'm selling, it's adding 0.25 for shipping to each card. So they're charging shipping both to seller and to buyer? (Or, technically, the buyer is paying $3.00 + $0.25/card shipping?) I see a bunch of cards that are at $0.50. If it costs $0.35 to process (or $0.25 in bulk) and then there's $0.25 of that $0.50 is shipping, those are money-losing cards for the sellers, I assume? Finally - most of what I'm selling is recently ripped modern, so everyone's card is the same, so I want to be the lowest price guy. Is there a way to monitor for when you are no longer the lowest price other than checking each card manually? Last night I loaded about 100 cards and this morning someone was 0.01 cheaper than me on a whole ton of them image.

Thanks, and happy Thanksgiving.

-Fred

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins

Comments

• Options
    i think sellers dont make too much on comc. most talk about a few commons selling for 10x what expected but those sellers fail to tell you that they sent in 1000's of commons at $0.25 each to process. Comc is a great way to show a huge collection "value" but without actual profits. comc is fun though, that is the main thing about this hobby. so just have fun and dont expect to get rich or be successful using comc.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of us sent in on the National special at $.10 per card a couple months back, so anything above $.35 is 'profitable'. I haven't found a way to alert or easily discover whether I'm still the lowest priced. I usually just go through it every month or so and manually check.
  • Options
    FredFFredF Posts: 526 ✭✭✭
    That makes a ton of sense. Thanks guys image

Successful BST (me as buyer) with: Collectorcoins, PipestonePete, JasonRiffeRareCoins