Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thanksgiving Eve Pack Ripping: 1976

While all of the Thanksgiving preparation is occurring at my house, I decided to rip a 1976 Topps pack while enjoying a nice Sun King draft:

God forgive me for ripping this pack!!

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't be able to stop at one! Surrender to the rip devil!

Oh, and pull a centered Brett!! Good luck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    best of luck sir!
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Tim, here is why I don't like to rip packs:

The Jim Palmer has a snow storm on the front and was the gum card so the back is trashed!

The Seaver RB has some snow, is OC, and has a dinged lower left corner.

These were by far the best cards in the pack. There was a George Hendrick that I could have reproduced better with a crayon!!

Now, I have a 1982 wax pack and a 1975 Mini pack. I am going to have to be convinced to rip these. SOOO, please give me some good reasons of why I should rip them. This mini is the only raw 1975 in my collection, so I am reluctant to rip it. My 3 other 1976 packs will remain unopened.
  • Options
    The only raw pack you have? Then it's a no brainer to rip! You know it's going to happen sooner or later so may as well be now. Plus minis despite the centering frustrations do provide the best bang for the buck!

It's a shame about the Palmer--dead centered otherwise.was it a 7-card 10c pack or a 10-card 15c pack?

Sooner or later you'll hit the money card. Don't despair! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    It was a 7-card pack. There is no way I am ripping the other 1976's.

Now, the mini is from the last group break, and I opened its sister pack, which housed a possible PSA 9 Jesus Alou, which is pop 7. Hopefully it will arrive back from PSA in a Mint holder, Tim. image There was another likely PSA 8 card in the pack too.

So, in reality, you are right, it must be ripped. The reward is high if I pull something nice. I am going to wait till later in the evening, as it is still early!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Rumor has it that there are SUN KING coupons in some of the '75 packs. I believe they are buy one case and get THREE cases free!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rumor has it that there are SUN KING coupons in some of the '75 packs. I believe they are buy one case and get THREE cases free!!!!! >>

But they expire 11/30/2013... Better get crackin'!!!
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Rumor has it that there are SUN KING coupons in some of the '75 packs. I believe they are buy one case and get THREE cases free!!!!! >>

LOL, nice one. image

jmmaciu: rip the minis!!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    No. don't do it! And it's like being a virgin; once you do it, you can't go back. Abstinence!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Loose packs (and even GAI soft holdered packs) are meant to be ripped!~the thick PSA holders are a serious hurdle for me, at least--those I keep sealed, LOL..