Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For those that need him, Patrick Ewing is doing a Steiner signing in December

Just an FYI. I have zero affiliation with Steiner, so ask them the questions, not me, but if you need him, you know how tough he is to get.

One of the toughest modern basketball player autographs, period.

Signing is in mid December. He will become the 11th autograph on my 1992 US Olympic Dream Team photo, will only leave me needing Karl Malone, and he's considered EASY compared to Patrick, LOL. Just got Stockton from his signing at Deseret Books in Salt Lake City Utah. I should have that back on Friday according to online tracking. Will post a scan when I get it back.

Mike
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a link to the signing?
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you have a link to the signing? >>

No. Just go to Steiner's website and go to the upcoming signings tab. I'd link it for you but I'm on a mobile device 2nite and it's hard for me to copy and paste

m
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Mike, how much is it? image
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    They don't have prices for "send-ins" up, but the pre-order prices for 8x10 is 160, 16x20 is 270, and basketballs are 500.

Text
  • Options

<< <i>They don't have prices for "send-ins" up, but the pre-order prices for 8x10 is 160, 16x20 is 270, and basketballs are 500.

Text >>

For someone as tough as he is, not a bad price. I wonder though if those three things are the only things he would be signing?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I received an eMail from Steiner and it stated that people can pre-order this 8x10 for a price of $99.00, which is reduced from $159.00.

I also just called them up and was told that he will NOT be signing cards. I didn't ask about other items.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Brendan is the contact person at Steiner for mail ins...Contact email is sendins@steinersports.com
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received an eMail from Steiner and it stated that people can pre-order this 8x10 for a price of $99.00, which is reduced from $159.00.

I also just called them up and was told that he will NOT be signing cards. I didn't ask about other items. >>

I am not a huge autograph guy but I know Ewing is legendary for being a incredibly tough signer. 99 bucks for a signed Steiner photo seems like a steal and honestly, if I had a hundo to blow on anything I would take them up on this offer.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options

<< <i>

I also just called them up and was told that he will NOT be signing cards. I didn't ask about other items. >>

Their customer service associates must not know what the other ones are telling the callers. I know that Brendan has indicated to other individuals that cards are ok (well, they specifically asked about a certain card and were told it was good to go). I know when I called, I asked if they would accept outside items other then the 8 x 10's and basketballs listed on their website and was told "yes definitely" but they then transferred me to Brendan to work out the details and I got voicemail and no return call so far.

I know on another board a lot of cards are going in, will be interesting to see if Steiner shafts those people, or if they get done. I know I won't believe my photo is done until I see it with my own eyes, LOL, Ewing is TOUGH.

But at this point, this is by far the best chance I've seen in being able to get things done.

I do think that Steiner SEVERELY undercharged for this one though compared to their pricing for other mediocre/marginal athletes. They could easily get $500 per card and have too many to accommodate in my opinion. Not like them to leave a $ on the table, which leads me to the unfortunate common sense analysis that it COULD be their items only (although that's not going to stop me from at least making the effort)

Mike
  • Options
    I still haven't gotten a call back from Brendan yet, but here is what one of their employees posted on sportscollectors.net

"Hey Guys-

As you all know, I work for Steiner directly. To clarify- best and easiest way to get your items done is through Brendan at sendins@steinersports.com or 914-307-1036

Cards are $100 and small flats are 115.

Let me know if anyone has any issues or problems

Joe"