Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Question about declaring a value for a submission under a monthly special...

I bought a guy's collection, and he had a stack of early Jeter cards. His 1993 Topps Gold card is a strong 9 with an outside shot at a 10. Can I submit it under a monthly special (value cannot exceed $100) if it could go either way? As a 9 it's worth $30, while a 10 fetches $300. Do I declare it as a $30 and hope for the best? If they decide it's a 10, do they charge me full price? Send it back?

This is my first experience with a card like this, so I would appreciate any input.

Comments

• bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I would declare the value at $100, if it fits in the middle....
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought a guy's collection, and he had a stack of early Jeter cards. His 1993 Topps Gold card is a strong 9 with an outside shot at a 10. Can I submit it under a monthly special (value cannot exceed $100) if it could go either way? As a 9 it's worth $30, while a 10 fetches $300. Do I declare it as a $30 and hope for the best? If they decide it's a 10, do they charge me full price? Send it back?

This is my first experience with a card like this, so I would appreciate any input. >>

Send it in. You will be fine.

You might want to up the declared value some from the $30 price just in case for insurance purposes. I believe they use the NM-MT raw value of a card and I have certainly sent many cards with a graded value in excess of $100 in on specials.

Hopefully it gets a 10 but there is no guarantee and you won't be assessed any additional fees on this. If a card is valued higher then what a special allows they will notify you on the front end.
  • Thanks guys, I'll heed the advice..