Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Andre the Giant Home for Sale

nothing like Jodan's but hey its affordable

tour of home

Comments

• I will pass on this body slam.
  • Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

home looks like an 80's reject. Everything in it is outdated.
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>home looks like an 80's reject. Everything in it is outdated. >>

Don't blame Andre! image
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

• << <i>home looks like an 80's reject. Everything in it is outdated. >>

I've never understood this sort of thinking. Not that I'm a fan of 1980's era decor, but everything looks from the pictures to be in great shape.

Personally I'd love a 1950's era home in original condition. Theres still a few here in Los Angeles although the housing runup made them scarce. And I cringe everytime someone remodels one of the gorgeous upscale mid century moderns in LA.

Cookie cutter mcgranite vs mid century modern in top shape? I'm taking the classic architecture and design.
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How high are the countertops?

• Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet crib. Looks like the online auction is over -- wonder what it went for. That is beautiful country up ther. Love the smokehouse too.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking house...doesn't look too outdated to me, either.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking house...doesn't look too outdated to me, either. >>

I looked at the pictures and thought the same thing.

My understanding is Andre wanted something very peaceful and secluded and this looks to be just that.

• I'll bet the doorways are huge. Lots of acreage - nice!
  • I think it's nice.

I guess Carew29 prefers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3_ug-IGBJY
    I love these stories.

This is from an interview with Ted Dibiase.

A classic story from his time on the road with Andre the Giant: "The funniest story is, we were going to Japan. It is a fourteen hour flight from Atlanta, or New York, or Dallas, just about anywhere, to Japan. Andre is sitting in first class, and Andre sitting in first class is like me sitting in coach now, you know, you're jammed in the seat, you're not comfortable. So, we get off the plane and now it's another hour into the city, we check into the hotel and we drop our bags and we are going to go get something to eat. So, I push the button on the elevator and there is Andre, ‘Hey boss, let's go eat' and so as it starts down, it seems that this elevator stops on every floor and people just keep getting on. Japan is a very small country, with a lot of people, so what you and I would consider a full elevator, not over there. One thing about the Giant is he doesn't like to be crowded, and he has just been on a fourteen hour flight, crammed in a little seat in a plane, and now he is in a Japanese hotel in a room that is by our standard normal, but in his standard not, and now, he is in an elevator and people keep getting on. He reaches over and taps me on the shoulder or the leg and I glanced up at him and he winked and he smiled. I said, 'Okay, something is going to happen.' I'm looking straight ahead and all of a sudden, the Giant cuts the loudest, longest fart I believe I have ever heard in my life. I remember standing there thinking when is it going to end, it was like 'Oh my gosh,' and it just kept going. The poor guy who is standing directly behind him, which obviously…this guy is right at butt level, so he is getting it full force. All I can tell you is this, when the elevator stopped and the doors opened, those people couldn't... (Continues on next page)get off the elevator fast enough, it was like the exodus. All you could hear was the Giant going, ‘Ho,ho,ho,ho, ho." I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe…it was a classic Andre moment."
  • Lol, awesome story from DiBiase!
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    HA! Great story! Loved that guy...
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sweet crib. Looks like the online auction is over -- wonder what it went for. That is beautiful country up ther. Love the smokehouse too. >>

Looks like the last bid was for $325,000.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing no short sale will be involved image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
    Andre pics

This definately was his home.