Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I may be the king of Andre the Giant wrestling cards after this!

I picked up the PSA 7 from Eagles within the last month and then I had picked up two of the body slam cards of Andre a few months ago that should be graded here soon and then I am sitting on two others of these Yamakatsu cards before this..... That is 13 of these that I have got this year..... one of the body slam cards is a winner card that was redeemed. Cool to have an "insert" from 1974 and one of this wrestling legend.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Wow! Pretty incredible grouping. Are you going to send them in for grading?
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice find!

If I were you I would get every single one in a holder. Who cares about the pop report when you own them all!!

Good luck.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Great score! 2 look like they will grade really well. Definitely get the winner card slabbed. Very cool stuff
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am certainly going to grade them all and do my own impersonation of DPeck with his wrestling all stars. Hoard a bunch of the cards and let others try to pick them up elsewhere. I do think these are fantastic cards and I hope to eventually try to get the set just for kicks. I think that there are a fair amount of these out there will actually help their value because if they were so rare no one could buy them then there would not be demand for them. Now that people know these exist and they are attainable, hopefully more people will want to add one to their collection.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    These are definitely coming out of the woodwork. I'll take a look to see which cards are known to carry the winner stamp on the back. That's cool that one of the Andres has it.
  • Options
    #15 is also a winner card and now I will have to see my variations that I acquired in the lot as I did notice a few of them with the natural background and the solid color........
  • Options
    Nice. Maybe we can get a more complete checklist!
  • Options
    Here are a few of the others that i have.....i have two others not scanned.

Crease on back of the card but no paper loss and looks awesome! looks better than the PSA 5 with the corner ding.

• Options
    awesome sauce
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Very nice!
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    The psa 7 # 29 is the best wrestling card out there until an 81 hogan surfaces IMO. Really nice stash.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>The psa 7 # 29 is the best wrestling card out there until an 81 hogan surfaces IMO. Really nice stash. >>

I think the Hulk Hogan 1981 card is a great card in my opinion. Of course some need to surface for there to be some demand for it.

Here is another scan of the Hogan that you are taking about for others that may not have seen it............

• Options
    recent additions...........