Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

REVISED - Football Card Collecting 101: Never sell rookie QB autographs TOO EARLY

I know this theory had some detractors, but I just sold a bunch of Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, and Tyrod Taylor RCs for decent coin this week.

As long as these guys make a roster I would keep all QB RCs who are younger that 30 instead of selling them cheap. You never know when one these guys blow up. As another seller mentioned, timing is the key, but it seems like QBs tend to have more "second" lives than any other position.

Heck Tebow auto RCs still sell well on ebay.
Mike

Comments

• WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I think it's all in the timing. Today's hot shot rookie or 2nd year player might have a long and prosperous career or may wind up being a flash in the pan. I don't have the historical figures in front of me, but I'm guessing Mark Sanchez's rookie auto was worth a lot more when he was the hot new QB on the scene and the darling of New York. Now, not so much.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Maybe his Mom had $207 to blow. Now she only needs to find the other 13.
  • I have some Matt Flynn, Mark Sanchez,Tim Tebow,Ryan Mallet,Matt Cassell,Vince Young,David Carr, Joey Harrington,Jake Palmer,Daunte Culpepper,Ryan Leaf Colt McCoy,Brady Quinn,Brandon Weeden,Jake Locker,Chad Henne and Christian Ponder Rookie cards to sell you. 75% off hi Beckett.
  • Don't buy rookie QB cards for any significant sum.

Nothing dicier than a rookie QB.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the PSA 10 collector he didn't exist.

DaveB in St.Louis
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT
    Mike