Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1984 Wrestling All Stars From the Mid South Wrestling Association....

1984 WAS

I knew this item existed but had only seen photos of a few of the pages and had no clue what to look for. Recently there was a large amount of programs auctioned off in one listing and saw the cover of the calendar and quickly found the only copy on EBAY.

When I opened the package and flipped it open I was super excited. It is so fun when you find new things that tie into your collection.

These are for sure awesome items to get signed and slabbed.

Here is the video I made earlier tonight.

Comments

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    That's a cool item. Really like the Free Birds page.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Cut those suckers!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Too bad the nail/hanging hole is so close to the card. Will have to keep the cut tight.
  • Options
    Dpeck100: You need to start a wrestling talk show or something. You have a good voice tone and a wealth of knowledge on wrestlers from the 80's. Would be fun to hear you interview some of these guys. YouTube channel?!?
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dpeck100: You need to start a wrestling talk show or something. You have a good voice tone and a wealth of knowledge on wrestlers from the 80's. Would be fun to hear you interview some of these guys. YouTube channel?!? >>

Never say never I guess. I plan to keep working on making videos for fun and we will just have to see how it evolves.

I have been spending a lot more time at my condo in recent months and so I have just been looking for more things to entertain myself. I am almost four weeks removed from my shoulder surgery so I am getting out more which is good but have a ways to go to get back to 100%.

The videos are something I can do for fun and enjoy my cards and it is heck of a lot easier then making loads of scans and uploading to Photobucket.

Thanks for checking it out.
  • Options

<< <i>Cut those suckers! >>

I plan to. I have a paper cutter and will be chopping it up. I am heading out later today to the card shop I buy supplies from and will look for some larger card savers or top loaders to house them in.

These would look so sweet signed and in one of the larger PSA/DNA holders.
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully you can find another one to keep intact.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I support chopping those up.....I think perhaps making a custom by making a high quality copy of the Andre and putting your Andre in there would be sweet. Perhaps someone could make a great bio for the back, etc with a custom card.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    What a bummer. I drove out to the card shop to get some larger top loaders so I could cut it up and the 5X7 ones I purchased are to small. They were a buck a piece too which seemed steep. I plan to break apart the 1985 post card set and they will work for that so for the time being the calendar will stay as is.

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    These are really cool. Have contacted psa about grading these? I don't see why they wouldn't. They would look great slabbed.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Wow, great find David!! Nice vid too. Good luck with the cutting. I would like to get a complete one myself. Found this ad for it:
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, great find David!! Nice vid too. Good luck with the cutting. I would like to get a complete one myself. Found this ad for it:
    image >>

Thanks for posting that and the comments.

Who is on the cover of that magazine? I would like to get one for myself if I can. Norman Keitzer produced the programs for many of the regional territories and I am curious to see if that was advertised in his national magazine or just one's that focused on the Mid South.

• Options
    If they don't want grade the cut out from the calendar then you could always cut out the card from the add and get that slabbed.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    1984 Calendar

There have been very few of these get auctioned off. This one is moving up very strongly.

• Options
    Cool. Would they be the size if the 82-83 cards or are they larger?
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    larger than a card by far..............
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>Cool. Would they be the size if the 82-83 cards or are they larger? >>

They are much larger. I purchased some over sized top loaders and they were to small so I never cut one up.