Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sell Out - 35,000 of 35,000 - 5 Ounce Silver Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota

CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
It's possible that this issue will sell out more quickly than any other silver P ATB series in 2013 - Worth every dollar - surprising and promising field - Five Ounce Silver Mount Rushmore National Memorial, South Dakota image

silver P
Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers

Comments

• BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭
    Nice pucks image
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice pucks image >>

Thanks image

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mt. Rushmore is headed to a brisk sellout..
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
    Links :image

Text

Text

Ft. McHenry and Mt. Rushmore 5 Oz Silver Bullion Coins Sell Out

Here is a table of this year’s America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins with release dates, sell out dates, sales for the month so far and current sales:

Released

Sold Out

November Sales

Sales / Mintage

White Mountain National Forest Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins

May 13

Sept 11

N/A

35,000 of 35,000

Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins

Jun 3

N/A

27,100 of 30,000

Great Basin National Park Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins

Jun 24

N/A

28,600 of 30,000

Fort McHenry Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins

Aug 26

Nov 19

30,000 of 30,000

Mount Rushmore National Memorial Five Ounce Silver Bullion Coins

Nov 4

Nov 22

35,000 of 35,000
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up
    LCoopie = Les
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. Low mintage, big chunk of silver, artistic and interesting design---what's there not to like?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Hawaii the best then the Mt. Rushmore. The MR has a unique design and I agree that it should sell out quickly.

<< <i>I like the Hawaii the best then the Mt. Rushmore. The MR has a unique design and I agree that it should sell out quickly. >>

It already sold out.image

>>

It already sold out.image >>

Not the P-Pucks........image
  • Am I on the wrong mint website? Rushmore shows limit 25k and still available.

<< <i> >>

It already sold out.image >>

Not the P-Pucks........image >>

I was getting the two confused.image

• Me too
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭
    I saw it. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    I would buy the FT McHenry but personally I think it is really a bad design and just can't buy it even though I am from Baltimore. An aerial view of the fort would be better, than just some brick walls depicted on the coin.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    neither sold out!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    someone's been drikning a little too much this morning...

Get your "Non P" for $121.80

Get your P for $154.95

Both IN STOCK!!!! imageimage
    I still see the Ps selling out within a couple of weeks.. Demand for them have been much higher than the other coins this year.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered three of the Mount Rushmores.

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>someone's been drikning a little too much this morning...

Get your "Non P" for $121.80

Get your P for $154.95

Both IN STOCK!!!! imageimage >>

Just to clarify this post as it is kinda confusing. image ..

The US Mint is sold out of the Bullion version with the authorized purchasers buying up all 35K of them. Of course those AP's will continue to sell them to John Q. Public.

The US mint is probally 2 weeks away from a sell out of the P Mint Marked versions. Last sales update bumped 3k to 17K so there is likely less than 8K available before the max mintage of 25K is exhausted.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has a sense of desperation to it for those seeking a puck winner.

Fortunately, though, the price of silver makes all and any issues near a descending spot intriguing!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The US Mint is sold out of the Bullion version with the authorized purchasers buying up all 35K of them. Of course those AP's will continue to sell them to John Q. Public.

The US mint is probally 2 weeks away from a sell out of the P Mint Marked versions. Last sales update bumped 3k to 17K so there is likely less than 8K available before the max mintage of 25K is exhausted. >>

>>

Yes, these are both still available -- but the bullions are selling fast (still at <$4 over spot) and I doubt the Mint versions will last another week with the rate of sales. IMHO this is the best looking ATB yet, and based on their sales rate, I am not a minority. I just picked up a handful. This is a classic design.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Regardless of sellouts, or not, down the road between 5 and 10 years....the Mint sold pucks are going to be one of the greatest profit makers in modern coinage, wait and see!

A complete set with boxes and COA's are going to be worth a LOT more than any of us anticipate and far more than the premium on the coin/silver.

The pucks are unique. Slabbing them doesn't, and won't matter.

Even with the higher numbers from a sellout, these Rushmores could become key date pucks in the very near future.
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I've been reading these posts about the Mt. Rushmore coins. I decided I'd better get a couple before it's too late. I'm usually too late.
    Sales update, Mt. Rushmore = 19,449 and still in stock.

<< <i>Sales update, Mt. Rushmore = 19,449 and still in stock. >>

That's based on sales of 2,401 last week alone. The window is rapidly closing. Perry's will be the lowest with around 17,721.
  • jmcu12jmcu12 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭
    What is the timeframe on the sales for these?
    Awarded latest "YOU SUCK!": June 11, 2014
    Still for sale - very nice - recommended!image

Isn't the update today 5pm et?

As I recall, they remain on sale one year after release or sellout. They cannot be restruck in the following year.

This issue only was recently released -- fastest sales of an issue since the first year. Unless a bumper stock was struck, this is about to go dark.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole series is finally generating some interest.

This should be good for the 2012 keys. If I recall correctly, mintages for 2012-P Hawaii, Acadia and Denali were around 15,000 each, and the 2012 bullion versions of these same coins had mintages around 20k each. The P Denali likely has a lower mintage than its final sales figure, as a bunch were purchased in the final week and not all of them were delivered.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

<< <i>This whole series is finally generating some interest.

This should be good for the 2012 keys. If I recall correctly, mintages for 2012-P Hawaii, Acadia and Denali were around 15,000 each, and the 2012 bullion versions of these same coins had mintages around 20k each. The P Denali likely has a lower mintage than its final sales figure, as a bunch were purchased in the final week and not all of them were delivered. >>

I'm a pretty big nerd when it comes to pucks but I have a hard time finding final, audited mintages for the "P" versions of the coins. From the looks of a Coin World article last month showed 13,891 for Denali and 14,863 to Hawaii.

<< <i>

Isn't the update today 5pm et? >>

Normally yes, but today was early for some reason.

Update 11-26.

2013 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ UNC COINS
    2013-P White Mountain National Park 20,534* -2
    2013-P Perry's Victory & Intl Peace Memorial 17,721* 89
    2013-P Great Basin National Park 17,810* 36
    2013-P Fort McHenry National Monument 19,133 459
    2013-P Mount Rushmore National Memorial 19,449 2,401

<< <i>What is the timeframe on the sales for these? >>

No time limit, 25,000 max mintage, so they won't last much longer. Hopefully they won't strike all 25,000.
    The Mint site production shows a 11/24 update, we'll see soon if it updates again today. If so, they appear to have increased mintage on this issue as it will likely go over 20k. I'm thinking this one may just suddenly poof.
    Updated 11-26.

2013 AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ UNC COINS
    2013-P White Mountain National Park 20,534*
    2013-P Perry's Victory & Intl Peace Memorial 17,721*
    2013-P Great Basin National Park 17,810*
    2013-P Fort McHenry National Monument 19,133
    2013-P Mount Rushmore National Memorial 19,449

* SOLD OUT
    The Perry Sellout will put even more pressure, as there's only two pucks heading into the holiday season..
    Hey BS, where are you getting your numbers? I still show the Mint stat's at 11/24 and Perry's Victory is not listed as sold out (contrary to the Mint catalog).

Mint Linky

<< <i>Hey BS, where are you getting your numbers? I still show the Mint stat's at 11/24 and Perry's Victory is not listed as sold out (contrary to the Mint catalog).

Mint Linky >>

Sell out may not be the best phrase... "Not selling anymore" is more like it. I just called the mint as well and tried to order a Perry 5 oz ATB P puck but was told they're sold out.
    Yo -- what's the diff? PV's are GONE. Next?

<< <i>Hey BS, where are you getting your numbers? >>

YO....................coinupdate.com

U.S. Mint sales report, updated every Tuesday
    Thanks, I see the discrepancy.

Michael Z's update of 11/26 was actually based on 11/24 Mint reports. There was no Mint update today (as expected/stated) so the 11/24 update is the most current.

Odd the Mint did not update as they said they would today. It makes it seem the updates may occur at any time...
    I ignored the 2012 P's. Did want the Hawaii but it sold out too fast. I gave in and bought the Ft McHenry.Also have the Perry and Rushmore. The Hawaii P seems to be selling in the $600 range now. Totally insane.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ignored the 2012 P's. Did want the Hawaii but it sold out too fast. I gave in and bought the Ft McHenry.Also have the Perry and Rushmore. The Hawaii P seems to be selling in the $600 range now. Totally insane. >>

It's the popularity of the state more than anything else. For the regular size quarters, Hawaii proofs and silver proofs in PCGS PR69 are selling at a 50% premium to all other 2012-S ATB quarters with identical mintages.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    This may have been said before, forgive me if this is a repeat comment, but does the Rushmore design look like he's shedding a tear? Is this a social commentary by the designer of the

coin?
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mint puts out some good crap.

<< <i>This may have been said before, forgive me if this is a repeat comment, but does the Rushmore design look like he's shedding a tear? Is this a social commentary by the designer of the

coin? >>

I noticed that when I first saw it so you aren't the only one.

I do collect the silver proofs in PCGS DCAM 70s since I decided not the collect the 5 oz in DMPL 69s. A lot cheaper to collect.
    As noted in another similar thread, Ft McHenry is now going dark -- or did it 2 months ago? Oddly, it is now on backorder status with a ship date of Oct 18, 2013.

The Mint works in mystical ways...order today...it will ship last Oct...and you will already have it! Now THAT's good service.

They musta made more Rushmores, I thought for sure they would not survive the weekend.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    Any updates on the purchase figures?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file