Home Sports Talk
Options

France, nudity, and a Ukrainian own goal.

Will she or won't she?

Rethinking TV weather reports

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    suddenly giving the term "the beautiful game" a whole new meaning....

Does France have more relaxed regulations on nudity on public airwaves than we do where we will see what the news anchor sitting next to her will see?
  • Options
    It would be a shame if she didn't.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Ooh lala!

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭

<< <i>suddenly giving the term "the beautiful game" a whole new meaning....

Does France have more relaxed regulations on nudity on public airwaves than we do where we will see what the news anchor sitting next to her will see? >>

The United States is far more restrictive on that than most of the rest of the world.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would there be so much excitement and media coverage over the prospect of whether the 27 year old former model turned TV weather forecaster will keep her promise if instead the weather forecaster was:

1. Al Roker;

2. Willard Scott;

3. Christine Hansen (for those who do not know her [look her up on Wikipedia] she has been a long time meteorologist at various No.Cal. TV stations since the 1970's after posing as a Playboy centerfold in 1974 and is now in her early 60's); or

4. A middle aged, out of shape, mother of 4 kids, who works on local TV as a meteorologist in for example Enid, Oaklahoma or Gunnison, Colorado?
  • Options
    <<<The United States is far more restrictive on that than most of the rest of the world.>>>

I know that. Just curious if France is so lenient that they allow it on public airwaves.

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i><<<The United States is far more restrictive on that than most of the rest of the world.>>>

I know that. Just curious if France is so lenient that they allow it on public airwaves. >>

I can't imagine they would- and the fact that the station hasn't come out and announced that it would let her honor the bet is probably telling. Still, a man can dream!
  • Options
    If the station is smart, they will not say anything for a week or two and let the suspense build...maybe throw out some "unconfirmed rumors" that it will be happening....everyone will tune in every night to see if "tonight is the night"!...ratings bonanza!!!