Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Heritage High Number Sets

Anyone know when these will be released?

Topps

Comments

• jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Just got an email from Topps that this is coming soon. Any thoughts on these sets? It looks like 2013 Mini was a bit of a bust and i have never collected heritage before. Your opinions would be appreciated.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    According to an email I just got from Topps, they are on sale tomorrow. If anyone plans on buying a set and breaking it up, I'm interested in the base Dodgers.
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    Subjects that will be redemptions in Heritage High Number:
    •Hyun-Jin Ryu
    •Gerrit Cole
    •Jose Fernandez
    •Nolan Arenado
    •Nick Franklin
    •Anthony Rendon
    •Yasiel Puig
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Redemptions..... Does that mean they must be opened? Or is there value in the unopened.

I have two unopened from 2012.... now I am considering breaking them open, even though I wasn't that excited about the checklist (if I recall).
  • Last years set I moved around $300 because of the Harper card. If Puig maintains his "hotness", then I could see it being similar. Still I think $100 is a bit overpriced.

Not sure how limited they are going to be this year. I see you can order cases for $4 grand.

• After twenty five minutes of trying, I got to Topps.com, clicked Log In, and was bounced out. Five minutes later, I got to the site again and was able to log in, but I was then bounced out again. I guess I'll get in after all sets are sold. Maybe I'll just try to sign up for Obamacare.

It took me about 1/2 hour of trying. Was finally able to get through the whole process and purchased three sets. Heavy traffic. Ran into the same problem.

Hope they keep it limited to 1,000 but I am doubting it if they are selling it by the case.
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Took me forty minutes and a half a dozen "cannot fill orders" before I finally got one through just now.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • I finally completed the purchase after 43 minutes. I think I broke my F5-refresh key hitting it so many times. As above, I hope it's a limited issue like last year.
  • mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭

<< <i>I finally completed the purchase after 43 minutes. I think I broke my F5-refresh key hitting it so many times. As above, I hope it's a limited issue like last year. >>

Very similar story here but finally was able to grab a couple sets.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• I was able to purchase some sets.

When I first logged in just prior to Noon, I messed around with trying to figure out how many sets they made. I typed in 1000 and the site indicated that I could buy that many. I typed in 4000, and received a message that said there were insufficient quantities available. I tried 3000, and got the same message. When I tried 2000, the site didn't work.

Once I got back in and tried 2000 again, it now said you could only order 24. There was no more mention of how many they had available anymore. Based on that info, it would seem that there are at least 1000 made, but less than 3000. There's no way to know if that's accurate though.

Last year they did confirm limited to 1,000 right?

Hopefully they will release the figure this year.
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    took 2 minutes to order 2 sets. Suspect the first flurry of orders are slowing down.
    Last year there was a work around to see how many sets were left.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• should not be more then 5,000 sets this year.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

With the redemptions, is there any increased value to holding unopened boxes (same question for last year).
  • 5,000 sets. I wonder if its worth it. I am guessing there is more this year. Last year it sold out pretty quick, if I remember correctly.
    wasn't it 1000 last year?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• yes it was 1000
    they've jumped the shark.

• 1000 sets with a Harper and Darvish on card auto and many people not even knowing they were released, made the secondary market awesome for 2012. But 5K (or more) sets...with redemptions and offering cases? No thanks, I'll keep my $ on this one. Jumped the shark indeed.

<< <i>they've jumped the shark. >>

That didn't take long, I think "Happy Days" went about eight seasons first.

It looks like Topps felt like they left money on the table at 1,000 sets. Probably were testing the $100 price last year...response allowed them to crank it up....and start milking.

• If the difference between the 2012 minis and the 2013 minis is any indication...100 bucks is probably too much..too much for people looking to make money on it that is.

Probably an OK price point for collectors just looking to add it to their Heritage master sets.
  • MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    We don't "know" how many sets the 5,000 was a guess. It sound like less or equal to 3k since that number came up insufficient before the 24 set restriction.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • 3K is still 2K too many

Bad Job by Topps on this.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Just received Fedex shipping notice.
    My one set will be here on Friday.

Joe
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I Had my sets in hand 11/25/
  • Has Topps changed their printing company? I thought the cards were printed in Duryea, Pennsylvania, but my four sets, due 12/3, were shipped from Devens, Massachusetts.

Cases and boxes are still for sale.....that can't be a good thing for the "limited print run" claim.

Did they last that long last year?

<< <i>I Had my sets in hand 11/25/ >>

Anything worth scanning?

<< I Had my sets in hand 11/25/ >>

Anything worth scanning?

Not yet anyway
  • Rumor from some reliable sources is that about 7,200 sets were produced.
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I hate these Heritage high number sets available by set only, wish they would just go away.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
    I open one set to see who i would get for a auto and i come up with a redemption card of Anthony Rendon. lol
    with the all the redemptions, does that mean I have to open up my three boxes?
  • This year's offering of heritage updates is a losing proposition compared to last year's. For 2012, I bought 3 boxes and easily doubled my investment. This year, after getting in and buying some topps mini boxes, realized that Topps was going to get greedy with heritage update and increase production. I believe that is a fact.

Went to eBay and got a set, without an autograph, for $60. These will probably go even lower in the next couple of months as new product comes out. Do you think this is the end of heritage updates or will they fix it and limit production? These guys at Topps will need to learn a little more about the demand curve or product will be sitting at their shelves for a long time.

Great to see everyone comment on this.

• jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Wow, at $60 for the set minus the auto, I'm a buyer. I actually hate these extended Heritage sets but I think Michael Eisner has always overproduced anything he has been involved with, so it will continue as it has; print what we have until we can find something else to print. Topps doesn't know the phrase: limited production in respect to what the market can absorb in a short period of time. Prices are only driven by who is in the set, not any reasonable low production counts.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets

Still available at Topps on line. How limited can they be, when they produced more than the market can bear. Why does Topps consistently make the wrong decisions when it comes to collectors?

Still baffled why these sets have auto redemption cards....

PSA 10 Puig is on sale for $90.00
  • Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭
    "Still baffled why these sets have auto redemption cards...."

I think it is on purpose. If they hold back cards and use redemptions who wins when the redemptions expire? If Topps puts the cards in the product then they lose 100% of the cards.

We allow them to do it by buying products with redemptions or allowing them to have redemptions that EXPIRE.

Take Press Pass, they take expired redemptions (I redeemed a 10 year old redemption card and got the card). They have great customer service and make a great product. They have a monopoly in the NASCAR world but they don't recycle designs and are always trying new things.

Topps is not the company it use to be and they need to make a lot of money to pay for the MLB license.
  • why would topps want to keep them ? there is no shortage of cards for them