Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

RGL/Randy is back ... any oldtimers remember me?

Sorry for the roughly eight year absence. Kind of lost interest, to be honest. Cherrypicking raw coins, my specialty, became increasingly hard, and likely has not improved. And, disposable income for coins was kind of left behind with need for money for more essential things in life. I've bought a few coins since I was really active, was looking at them recently and some are crying out for slabs, one in particular. (Can't-miss high end 1965 Jeff SMS DCAM)

At any rate, never sold a coin, all my Registry sets are intact (my best Jeff proof set is down to 13th? sob.) and I'm getting back in the game, although likely in areas outside my specialty of Jeff proofs.

A few observations after sitting out all this time ... my coins certainly have appreciated in value (although that was not a motivating force for collecting). Many early Jeff proofs I considered deeply undervalued a decade ago have tripled or quadrupled in price. I got in at the right time. Bought a gorgeous proof 68 1950 Jeff in 2000, 19/0 for $300, thinking that a steal compared to scarcity. $900 today, and has been higher, I see.

And, all the "junk" silver I acquired over the years certainly has appreciated, although silver has dropped.

Looking forward to shopping around and chatting again.

Appreciate hearing from old time message-board friends ... Russ ... Al ... BNE ... Heath ... etc. And, if you don't know me, I do know Jeff proofs and SMS, in particular, if I can answer any questions. Glad to help anyone.

Catch you later.

Comments